Tour de France Femmes (avec Zwift) (et avec spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru

Not sure. The article I saw on the mobile was not in English but I presume it's to do with the later stages and skipping the hills/mountain

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
They used to make it work, but other teams seem to have overtaken them. Bit like happens in the men's worldtour. No team lasts forever. Except maybe Movistar.

They used to have Anna van der Breggen. It makes sense that that they’re having to readjust somewhat. I just find it intriguing that, like the Dutch women’s national team, they have this embarrassment of riches and don’t seem able to capitalise on it. I wish Wiebes wasn’t going to them, it feels like they’re frantically buying up the best riders and building this castle in the sky.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
HORRIFIC crashes! One girl hasn’t moved yet. It’s awful.

Wasn't it just awful. Whoever was in white and came powering into the back of it clearly wasn't looking ahead. You would have thought people would also be shouting slow down / crash etc etc

Wasn't it just awful. Whoever was in white and came powering into the back of it clearly wasn't looking ahead. You would have thought people would also be shouting slow down / crash etc etc

If this is the crash where Marta got hit, the rider behind ( Aussie Nicole Frain?) has been in a bit of a Twitter storm for - allegedly - not slowing down and just trying to fly through a tiny gap in the bunch, and her post-race interview didn't help her case. Twitter as a whole was after her head, but I thought Adam Blythe's comments in their studio were fair; basically poor judgement, but understandable when you're chasing back on after a different crash, head down, and her view was obscured due to wheelsucking (a teammate I think?).

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
If this is the crash where Marta got hit, the rider behind ( Aussie Nicole Frain?) has been in a bit of a Twitter storm for - allegedly - not slowing down and just trying to fly through a tiny gap in the bunch, and her post-race interview didn't help her case. Twitter as a whole was after her head, but I thought Adam Blythe's comments in their studio were fair; basically poor judgement, but understandable when you're chasing back on after a different crash, head down, and her view was obscured due to wheelsucking (a teammate I think?).
Don't use Twitter or other social media but personally think it was quite unprofessional. I can understand head down and whatnot but as a pro you should have enough awareness to avoid something like that - literally ploughing full speed into stationary/downed riders. I was stunned that there weren't any broken bones and/or serious concussions, initial thought was Marta was seriously hurt and stage will be cancelled.

Top Bottom