Tour de France *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobNewcastle

Yes, massive disruption to team planning.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Kreuziger has been replaced with Rafal Majka.

Apparently he posted something on facebook saying he was not at all about having to ride around France after working hard at the Giro. The statement has now been removed, presumably the Tinkoff media team got in touch...

You have to wonder why they've only decided to take action on this now, a week before the Tour
I don't think you have to wonder. The nature of the passport means that it builds a picture. Perhaps the picture of the last few years is very different to the picture under Bruyneel at Astana. As we know, Bruyneel is a pillar of cycling morality. The report doesn't say what led CAFD to examine his passport in detail, that's the only bit I'm wondering about. I hope there's nothing to it, I liked Kreuziger.

Thank you for the link Crackle. So the timeline is
blood passport profile showed abnormalities from March to August 2011 and from April 2012 until the end of that year’s Giro.
UCI first notified Kreuziger in June 2013, ie a full year after the end of the Giro in question and over two years since the start of the suspected offences
October 2013, Kreuziger provided UCI with two exculpatory medical opinions he had requested. UCI took 8 months (!) to reject his explanation.

So why did the UCI take so long to voice their concerns and then why did they take so long to reject the explanations. Shades of the Contador Tour/Giro fiasco, did they learn nothing from that ?

Hont

Guru
Nibbles won the Italian national road race, so looks to be peaking at the right time.
And won't be wearing the Astana jersey for the Tour. Which seems kind of apt.

kedab

Veteran
i was going to find somewhere to plot up and watch the TdF go past somewhere south of Cambridge. Then I was going to stay at the father-in-laws, in Cambridge and walk into town to see the off...then i realised i've agreed to begin my shiny new job on July 7...dagnammit!!!

kedab

Veteran
So why did the UCI take so long to voice their concerns and then why did they take so long to reject the explanations. Shades of the Contador Tour/Giro fiasco, did they learn nothing from that ?

i think this shows that Cookson is still finding his feet...they need to iron out these old wrinkles.

Top Bottom