Tour of Britain 2015 the Racing (may contain **SPOILERS**)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Interesting to see Cav setting up Gaviria... I'm not sure he'll want that role on a longer-term basis, but he did it very well.

Tomorrow is my old stomping grounds... I've ridden all the route at one time or another, and the final climb up to Hartside will be tasty.

One second in it. A beautiful stage to see from the helicopter's eye view.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Certainly was tasty - and I was right about EBH really wanting this one. Can he hold on against his old team? Tomorrow is also a tough up-and-downer...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
So what happened between Cav and Gorka Izaguirre? Maybe he was just shouting for a team car, but it looked as though Izaguirre was having a right old go at Cav.

I thought Poels had run out of legs by 1km to go, as it seems did EBH. Storming effort.

beastie

Guru
Coming into Penrith.

IMAG0004_BURST005.jpg

beastie

Guru
Cracking Finish up Hartside. Kreuswick has the Strava KOM . 4.7 miles, 5% ave gradient, 18.3mph. Into a headwind.

That's faster than some people go down it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"And Cavendish taking advice from his team car..." - No Hugh, that's an NFTO car, Cav is on QuickStep.
To be fair, I think he said "the team car" rather than his, but I'm still not sure that was correct.

The comedy commentary did add to the excitement of the last 500m, as did the inappropriately tight helicopter shot concealing the chase.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was just thinking that ITV4 had really improved their coverage of cycling. And then HP started wittering on about his sunflowers that hadn't grown this year and I noted the exception. That said, I spotted another egress yesterday....

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
To be fair, I think he said "the team car" rather than his, but I'm still not sure that was correct.

You may be right, but I still don't imagine he was taking advice from some other team car unless he was very confused after the crash - or @smutchin is right about the contract.

No, hang on, I was forgetting - Hugh Porter knows absolutely nothing.

I think he probably knows (or knew) a lot, but somehow it gets lost between his brain and his mouth, leaving only the style of the men to tap out the rhythm while being attentive to the interests of the style of other men at the egress of the stage.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I was just thinking that ITV4 had really improved their coverage of cycling. And then HP started wittering on about his sunflowers that hadn't grown this year and I noted the exception. That said, I spotted another egress yesterday....
He's right about sunflowers, mine have been disastrous this season.
sunflowers.jpg

He does prattle some crap though..

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Things I associate with racing in the UK: cats' eyes, narrow roads, hedges, and primary school children in uniforms, who, as the only ones not preoccupied with taking photos, manage to triple the spectator noise. But one thing that's missing is the rain. Still, London might get its chance....

Top Bottom