Tour of Britain 2023 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It's been a decade since they won GC. Mostly, they either don't send a top GC rider or their leader's head seems to fall off, like they get enough praise just for showing up to their home race, it's not worth putting the effort in for this small race and they'd rather be starting the off-season early. Why will this year be different? Does Pidcock see last year's halted race as unfinished business?

View: https://twitter.com/TourofBritain/status/1698256264537759881?t=YxapKZBm0AYBg7fV7p9_HA&s=19

GuyBoden

Guru
I rode over to Ashley to see the start proper at Cow Lane, lots of cyclists about, had a chat to both old and young. The bunch rode past at an incredible speed, I always forget how fast pro cyclists are.

I'll be riding over to Beeston Castle tomorrow to catch a quick glimpse of stage two.

WVA should win this race overall, there are not enough hills for Pidcock. In my amateur opinion.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
The Rake
IMG_20230903_133543895_HDR.jpg

Chislenko

Veteran
I rode over to Ashley to see the start proper at Cow Lane, lots of cyclists about, had a chat to both old and young. The bunch rode past at an incredible speed, I always forget how fast pro cyclists are.

I'll be riding over to Beeston Castle tomorrow to catch a quick glimpse of stage two.

WVA should win this race overall, there are not enough hills for Pidcock. In my amateur opinion.

Just a little tip Guy, I stopped by Beeston Castle on my ride yesterday, sat on the wooden barrier outside the grassy area and it promptly gave way!!

And I am not even 11 stone! Be careful.

GuyBoden

Guru
Just a little tip Guy, I stopped by Beeston Castle on my ride yesterday, sat on the wooden barrier outside the grassy area and it promptly gave way!!

And I am not even 11 stone! Be careful.

I'll watch the bunch go along Crimes Lane, the stage 2 route is at the back of Beeston Castle.

Jameshow

Veteran
Just seen first stage, good crowds easy route stupid routing before sprint.
East job for WVA / Olaf...

Olaf asked if he's been to Wrexham lol!🤣🤣🤣

Overall it looks like a series of crits dotted around the country! Disappointing tbh.

Hopefully I can see them in Holt and Bangor and maybe the start of the climb.
Failing that it's gonna be a nice day out anyway.

Chislenko

Veteran
Hopefully I can see them in Holt and Bangor and maybe the start of the climb.
Failing that it's gonna be a nice day out anyway.

We may even need sun block today ☀️☀️☀️

GuyBoden

Guru
Yes, that is where I am talking about. The grassy area just after the corner.

Yes, exactly the spot I was looking at, thanks, I won't sit on the fence with my 16 stone.

I'll probably look for a better location.

It's a 55km ride to Beeston for me, so I'll be setting off soon, I'll be riding at my usual slow old bloke speed, if you're nearby we'll have a chat. :okay:

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
34fb7547-b201-48e6-a19f-52d30d1f6a99.jpg

Granddaughter yesterday morning on The Rake. Not quite got the hang of writing rider's names on the road.
She was more impressed with one of the team cars which had PURPLE cars on the roof.
Purple is the best colour...............for everything according to her.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
To everyone watching the TV coverage:

Cottages dot com. Rent hot tubs that people have shagged in.

Now you'll see it every time that ad appears.

Looking at the eastern stages, they're just too expensive in time and money to reach from here. Ho hum.

Chislenko

Veteran
Yes, exactly the spot I was looking at, thanks, I won't sit on the fence with my 16 stone.

I'll probably look for a better location.

It's a 55km ride to Beeston for me, so I'll be setting off soon, I'll be riding at my usual slow old bloke speed, if you're nearby we'll have a chat. :okay:

It looked a bit busy there so I carried on up the road past Peckforton Castle. Just a few of us sat by the side of the road. Top up the tan!

Top Bottom