Transporting a two piece suit to a wedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

Sorry I know this is going to sound a bit stupid but how do you guys go about transporting formal wear on a bicycle.

I'm thinking of basically just strapping the thing to the panniers in a waterproof bag but it might bob about a bit, maybe I can just tie it down with bungees but might crease the thing.

How would you go about it? I'll obviously have panniers and a rack along with it.

I could put it in the panniers but just worried it'll get really creased. Maybe just give it a good iron once I get there?

Last edited:
A first world problem if ever I heard one :laugh:

Fredo76

Über Member
Take the suit, on its hanger, and drape it over a cardboard or plastic tube. Place in a thinnish box, and wrap with plastic or bag. Strap to your rear rack. A dry-cleaner style plastic bag over the hanger first would add protection.

Ortlieb used to do a small suitcase thing which slotted straight onto a rear rack with a special fitting.
Not sure if they still do it - I used to have one.
I bought it for carrying a suit - never used it for that but pretty sure it would have been fine.
Not cheap of course being Ortlieb.

tyred

Legendary Member
Wear it and take your time.

markemark

Über Member

T4tomo

Legendary Member
assuming youre not changing at the back of the church, just hang it up in the bathroom whilst you shower and the steam will help any creases drop out. I'd be inclined to swiss roll the trousers to prevent creasing.

Top Bottom