Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who wear a watch facing inwards. ie: not with the watch face on the outer side of their wrist.

Also, similarly, people who wear rings on their thumbs or pinkies. Just wrong & annoying!

Ah yes, a watch worn that way is so 1970's, especially when worn on the right hand. As is all right hand watch wearing, in my opinion of course.:stop: As for rings, I wear a slim signet ring on my left hand little finger, but a ring on the thumb means.....:ohmy: Maybe it's best not to say it on a family friendly public forum.:unsure:

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
People who wear a watch facing inwards. ie: not with the watch face on the outer side of their wrist.

Also, similarly, people who wear rings on their thumbs or pinkies. Just wrong & annoying!

We used to wear our watch on the bike like that in the early 60s, before the days of bike computers, so you could read the time without moving your hand from the brake hood (or maybe we just thought it was the cool thing to do?) ^_^

Last edited:
Cyclists who ride along with a loud portable ghetto - blaster thumping away in their rucksack, its the cycling equivalent of boy racers in cars with booming stereos.....Why is it always drum n' bass?. As if there isn't enough noise pollution.

I once met an older gent on a cheapo MTB using a bathroom radio for this. Being German it was Oompah music which is marginally worse.

Alex321

Veteran
Strava - Why have they suddenly started adding "best efforts" to the stats for your rides (on the phone app), but then if you click on the button labeled "View your All-Time Best Efforts", it appears they should only be applicable to runs, not to cycling???

And since I have never done a run on strava, there is of course nothing showing there.

And while I am ranting about stava, how about when you go (in the browser) to the challenges page, it comes up with a lits supposedly "Recommended for you, based on your activities" that includes chllenges for just running, or just snowsports, neither of which I have EVER entered a strava actvity for.

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member

That's to prevent it from getting damaged if you brush past something.
Exactly. I've worn mine facing inwards ever since the mid 1970s, when I was cycling through Brixton and a dog ran straight out between two parked vans, took out my front wheel and dumped me in the road, smashing my lovely Seiko automatic!

Americans talking about food and how they often say just the food product rather han the dish.

"Hey guys, I made eggs". No you didn't. A chicken laid them. Do you mean you've made scrambled eggs?

"I made pasta". That's funny, because that looks like a plate of pasta with a sauce

PLease forgive me when I next make toast 🙏

Chris S

Legendary Member
I keep getting notifications like this whenever I log into Facebook.

We've noticed a new login from a device or location that you don't normally use. Please review.

I've got mobile broadband. It gives me a new IP address every time I use it. You'd think Facebook would realize this with mobile broadband users.

I keep getting notifications like this whenever I log into Facebook.

We've noticed a new login from a device or location that you don't normally use. Please review.

I've got mobile broadband. It gives me a new IP address every time I use it. You'd think Facebook would realize this with mobile broadband users.

I think it is based on cookies - so if you delete all cookies when you exit the browser then you will get this message because it can see the cookie that would say it had seen you before

maybe

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Listening to the World at One, I hear that there is a need for a "conversation around" future efficiency measures, blah, blah ,blah. Doesn't anyone ever have a 'discussion about' anything anymore?

Top Bottom