Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today I cycled through a local village and passed the old school which is a very impressive building with high ceilinged rooms, now a kindergarten.

As part of the rebuilding some absolute legend had the brilliant idea of making a tube slide from the very high first floor to go around a corner of the building and into a playground in the garden. It even had portholes.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Pleased as punch tonight because my son has just had an easily achievable offer from his first choice of uni.

Jameshow

Veteran
Something that pleases me way beyond expectations is a well organised sock drawer, with no 'oddies'.
It needs a regular sorting out, at least quarterly: chuck out any that are: odd, old, worn, too thin, uncomfortable, etc.

Emptied a bed side table which has 5 drawers lots of stuff old cards, batteries ones Allen keys, cycling weeklys etc etc.
Thought this would make a good filing cabinet!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Emptied a bed side table which has 5 drawers lots of stuff old cards, batteries ones Allen keys, cycling weeklys etc etc.
Thought this would make a good filing cabinet!

Aka The old drawer of tat. I have one* of them too.

*Actually 10 of them. Plus that 6' cupboard i got from work. And those boxes under the bed. Oh, there's the loft, and the deepest recesses of the wardrobes.

I like to think i keep far less tat than my wife does.... But maybe i'm just better at hiding it.

Awesome customer service from Cole & Mason.

I enquired about buying a spare part for an old pepper mill, which had been dropped one time too many. After a few back and forth emails, they’ve offered a replacement pair of mills under their “lifetime warranty”. I bought the original pair in 2006!

not that trivial but very pleasing

I enquired about buying a spare part for an old pepper mill, which had been dropped one time too many. After a few back and forth emails, they’ve offered a replacement pair of mills under their “lifetime warranty”. I bought the original pair in 2006!

I've never heard of this fine corporation, but that does sound very pleasing. :smile:

Gillstay

Über Member

A very rare thing. The only firm i know like that is Felco secateurs who refurbish them so well you cannot recognise they were yours. Under guarantee.

Top Bottom