TT Testers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aran20

Are there many people within this Forum who like 'Testing'? If yes who are you, what distances do you prefer, and what sort of times have you done in past events? Have you got any photo's? It'd be interesting to see how many there are.

I've got transfixed into the longer events as I've got older, competeing in the BBAR (Best British All-rounder consisting of a 50, 100 mile time trials and a 12 hour time trial), although I can still knock out some half decent times on the shorter events. I love the challenge of the longer distances, although on occasions I have suffered terribly vowing never to try again, but within two days I'd be thinking about how I could improve for the next one.

Anyroad... Happy cycling to you all and I'll maybe see you at an event sometime.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I do some timetrialling, not at your level.

I got into it rather late and i've only been at it three seasons. I enter a handful of local events each season- basically any that are close enough so I can ride to the start, mostly club events, maybe a couple of opens.

I'm not very quick.

I've done numerous 10s, a few 25s and a 50. I'd like to try a 100 this season.

Aiming to get under 23 minutes for the 10 this season (got it just under 24 last season), for the 25 1:02:30, I think going under the hour would be stretching it a bit for me, although perhaps if I seek out an event on a faster course..

I've only just started training for the coming season, probably get started with a 25 in early April.

gavintc

Guru
Not bad times paulinurus. I dabbled a couple of years ago and got down to 26 mins. But, stopped short of buying clip on bars. I think I might give a go again this summer.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
On my road bike I reckon I'd have trouble getting under 25 mins. My TT bike isn't particularly advanced but it does have a typical TT bar setup and some better quality wheels and tyres than my road bike.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I used to TT loads........ very short 23 min 10, 57 min 25 and a 2.04 50 - all on Cheshire's 'sporting' courses....never did longer as felt terrible after a 50......

Don't get the time to race now - probably at a good level training wise, and potentially faster, but to vanish for 4 hours on a Saturday isn't going to happen...kids, house jobs etc.....

Still fancy some club midweek 10's though !

mondobongo

Über Member
I only started last year doing 10's at Petts really enjoyed it. Best last season was 27.16 and had a 25.45 in the 2 Up 10.
Looking for a short 26 this season and probably going to invest in some clip on bars.

mondobongo

Über Member
Maybe at one time Dave, but I think we have recovered from the 'English Disease' and are capable of producing some great road riders.

Kirky

I 'Test' again not up to Aarons standard but have done a 21.06 '10, 54 min '25' and a 1.52.02 '50'

Prefer to stay away from the DC's nowadays and enjoy riding sporting, hilly and mountain TT's even tho' my 6'3" 16st body aint designed fer em! :hyper:

OP
OP
aran20

aran20

Kirky said:
I 'Test' again not up to Aarons standard but have done a 21.06 '10, 54 min '25' and a 1.52.02 '50'

Prefer to stay away from the DC's nowadays and enjoy riding sporting, hilly and mountain TT's even tho' my 6'3" 16st body aint designed fer em! :hyper:

Good times, well done.

Top Bottom