Unbelievable another one walks free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Disgusting

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
“Who is to know what anyone would do in that situation until they are in it?”
I think we would all hope to do the right thing and if we dont, thats what the justice system is supposed to be for.

“He is finding it very difficult to come to terms with.
At least he is alive to come to terms with it

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
“Who is to know what anyone would do in that situation until they are in it?”
I think we would all hope to do the right thing and if we dont, thats what the justice system is supposed to be for.

“He is finding it very difficult to come to terms with.
At least he is alive to come to terms with it
Even in the remote chance you did flee the scene immediately, there was the opportunity to hand himself up in which he failed to take!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I can't help thinking there's an element in the decision that i's believed somhow to be OK or at least understandable to hit / kill a cyclists hence the leniency

Reactions: mjr

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a sad fact that few drivers actually get convicted, or indeed to court. The Police have to have a water tight case before it even gets there. You can see why the Police don't take things further at times as the bureaucracy gets in the way, and a conviction is unlikely.

Tin Pot

Guru
Britain, the Land where Murderers walk free.

Disgusting? Yes.

Unbelievable? Only if you haven't read the news in the last ten years.

Tin Pot

Guru
Murderer.

image.jpeg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It's a sad fact that few drivers actually get convicted, or indeed to court. The Police have to have a water tight case before it even gets there. You can see why the Police don't take things further at times as the bureaucracy gets in the way, and a conviction is unlikely.

I left the police because I was sick of fighting the system I thought was supposed to be helping me. The courts are most certainly on the side of the criminals and not on the side of the police.

This case is a perfect example.

As a police officer, you get far more grief from the system than you ever do from being out on the streets.

doog

Words escape me...

However I don't doubt that Hampshire Constabulary did everything they could to secure a conviction within the limitations of the pussy footed CPS charging standards .....however when it gets to a Magistrates Court you are in a room so far removed from reality you may as well whistle...

Shame on those Magistrates.

Words escape me...

However I don't doubt that Hampshire Constabulary did everything they could to secure a conviction within the limitations of the pussy footed CPS charging standards .....however when it gets to a Magistrates Court you are in a room so far removed from reality you may as well whistle...

Shame on those Magistrates.
He was convicted. There are a few clues in the article, including the words "pleading guilty" and "suspended prison sentence".

Top Bottom