Upgrade time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheSoulReaver03

Make sure you test drive it first. Check if you can move the wheels with your hands side to side. Also, 52cm sounds a bit small. How tall are you?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If you have a proportionally long torso, you will need a longer than average bike for your height, not a shorter one!

What @Rob3rt said I would say you will need bigger than a 52, my son is 5 ft 7, short legs long body, he has to have a 120 stem to fit on a 52 properly. Seats go down. bikes only get longer with stems . As @SoulReaver03 said, take it for a test ride.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
+1 for the test ride advice. I'm 5'9" with a fairly short inside leg (30) and ride a 54 on my nice bike but wouldn't want any smaller. Rode a Specialized Venge last year in a 56 and it certainly didn't feel way too big. So I would think a 54 would be good but 52 might be pushing it for you.

TheSoulReaver03

I'm 178 centimeters (about 5 feet 10 inches), and my 57cm bike feels a bit small, although a long stem might fix that. 52 cm sounds tiny.

Just read the geometry chart for a Allez compact and the Top tube for a 52 cm is actually nearer a 54cm at 53.7 so may well fit.
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2012/allez/allezcompact#geometry

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
It may fit but you should still test ride it. I think if it does fit it will feel 'racey'. Depends if that is what you're looking for. Head tube is only 120mm on a 52, so that's gonna feel head down *rse up, unless you have a lot of spacers on the steerer.

Bicykell

I'm 5'6" and 29" inside leg but live in Cumbria. If I bid and won it, I could go on the train to get it. Do they allow velocipedes in farst clarse?

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
I'm 5'6" and 29" inside leg but live in Cumbria. If I bid and won it, I could go on the train to get it. Do they allow velocipedes in farst clarse?

No idea. You would have to check, looks in great nick - the guy is adamant that he has only ridden it 6 miles from the shop

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Boardman Road Comp 2012

Have manage to hunt down one for around the £400 mark. Fairly decent nick and looks like it's been well looked after. Very keen on it.

Anyone have direct experience from riding this Boardman?

Top Bottom