Upgrade time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nope, but they have v good deals on older models. Get new bike for what second hand would cost

Are you a mamil hence wanting Specialized? :whistle:

Cyclist33

Was certainly not aware of that, thanks Vickster - great heads up.

But surely if I buy the bike off him, I wouldn't owe the company as they couldn't trace that? He would have to keep paying the instalments?

But if he left the company during the hire period he would have to give the bike back, and if he had sold it to you that *might* constitute theft with you up for receiving stolen goods..!

vickster

Legendary Member
A friend of mine who is 5'5 or thereabouts rides a 51cm frame. She is not short, being taller than the average woman.
A 5'6 man is rather short however

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
A friend of mine who is 5'5 or thereabouts rides a 51cm frame. She is not short, being taller than the average woman.
A 5'6 man is rather short however

Depends on ethnicity as well. I'm tall for a Chinese guy at 5ft 9ins, towering over everyone in Hong Kong.

UPDATE:
Potentially a Boardman Team Carbon 2014 pick up next week at a bargain price of £550.
However, the 'other bidder' will have to fail to pick up the bike this weekend for me to get it at this price.
Unsure whether or not to pay the full asking price of £650 and get both Boardman bottle cages thrown in as well...
Thoughts guys?

EDIT:
The bike is 100% his he claims as he has fully paid it off on C2W scheme

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
But if he left the company during the hire period he would have to give the bike back, and if he had sold it to you that *might* constitute theft with you up for receiving stolen goods..!
No - if you leave the company within the hire period, they would take the full remaining cost of the bike from your final salary and transfer bike ownership to you. As per your signed agreement when entering into a c2w agreement

Cyclist33

No - if you leave the company within the hire period, they would take the full remaining cost of the bike from your final salary and transfer bike ownership to you. As per your signed agreement when entering into a c2w agreement

Well I never, that's good news... I always thought I'd have to give my bike(s) back. :okay:

Cyclist33

nope - just lose the tax benefit that's all

Hmm, maybe I should read the small print at some point.

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Gutted to miss out on the Boardman, alas...

Still hunting around for the Boardman Team Carbon or there are a few bargain Specialized Tarmac that pop up every now and then for the £500-600 mark.

Decided to keep my Carrera for now and try to introduce cycling to my wife as it's a very easy ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds big. Can you not try it? Just go to local halfords and kick some tyres :whistle: a too big bike is potentially a very bad thing as my poor left elbow found out

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Sounds big. Can you not try it? Just go to local halfords and kick some tyres :whistle: a too big bike is potentially a very bad thing as my poor left elbow found out
Yeah was going to do that down at Halfords. Riding a 56cm at the moment that I get perfectly along with. Have no exp with Boardmans though. At potentially a brillant price!

Top Bottom