Upgrade time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Large boardmans are larger than other brands. Make sure you look at the geometry and try it out. Too big bikes are a potentially v bad thing

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Large boardmans are larger than other brands. Make sure you look at the geometry and try it out. Too big bikes are a potentially v bad thing

Cheers for the heads up - hunting around a bit more - The Boardman Carbon is around the £450 mark, however, I don't particularly know what to look out for in a Carbon frame? Standard check for no cracks, etc?

Example below

http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/boardman-road-team-carbon-road-bike/1117822507

Going to take a punt at saying I'll get around £150 for my Carrera Virtuoso (will be sad to see her go) perhaps I can persuade my missus to get on the road as well!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'd expect it to be rather big then
something like this .
2014_Elite_Series_Geometry_Air_Road_66d88870-46c0-4748-b104-c62d9bb2995c_1024x1024.jpg

jamin100

Guru
Its not full carbon just carbon forks

vickster

Legendary Member
Here it is guys, going to check it out next week sometime before buying.

Medium sized Boardman

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boardman-...595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d1a23163

This cycle to work scheme, I wonder if he is actually making money on selling this on at £400?! Either way, carbon at £400 is good enough for me!
Is it actually his to sell? Under c2w he is only hiring the bike from his employer, until the end of the term of the scheme it's not actually his to sell. Double check whatever you do

OP
OP
iamRayRay

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Is it actually his to sell? Under c2w he is only hiring the bike from his employer, until the end of the term of the scheme it's not actually his to sell. Double check whatever you do

Was certainly not aware of that, thanks Vickster - great heads up.

But surely if I buy the bike off him, I wouldn't owe the company as they couldn't trace that? He would have to keep paying the instalments?

vickster

Legendary Member
Was certainly not aware of that, thanks Vickster - great heads up.

But surely if I buy the bike off him, I wouldn't owe the company as they couldn't trace that? He would have to keep paying the instalments?
No, I guess not, but he needs to be aware of it

Top Bottom