Urban Myth Busters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you sit on a cold stone wall you'll get piles.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
If you eat sprouts then you'll get curly hair.
Wow!
That Brian May must have eaten zillions ....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I met someone who said she refused to use hot air hand dryers in public lavatories. She claimed that the air inlets were entirely choked by a Brillo Pad mass of pubic hairs.

Last edited:
My grandmother (born in the nineteenth century) apparently told my mother that women needed foundation garments as they don't have the muscular strength to hold their internal organs in place. A self fulfilling prophecy of course, as if you wear a girdle constantly, you will have very weak abdominal muscles.

Conversely, I was once warned - by a qualified pharmacist, no less - that I should be wary of doing crunches because if my abs got too strong, they would crush my internal organs!

(even if that was true, I was in no risk!)

My grandmother used to try and get me to eat tripe saying 'it's good for you...it hangs on yer ribs'
I never pointed out that I didn't want anything hanging on my ribs :eek:

[QUOTE 3243762, member: 45"]Yeah right. Introducing heat to your body cools you down.[/QUOTE]
There is some logic to that in that the latest theory is that the slight rise in temp triggers more sweat which, under certain conditions, more than compensates for the hot drink. If its not too humid and the sweat isn't dripping off you then tea can cool you down a little while cold drinks can have a slight opposite effect in that they reduce sweating...

Sorry Paul - just read the next two posts making the same point:blush:

Top Bottom