Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
UKPhil said:
Just got the extreme sports pack- fitted the cam to my helmet using the hinged mount and a couple of cable ties as in the pics attached. Very secure.

Ah, that's different to mine. I used the attached velcro bits....took me blooming ages to work out how to attach it though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays fingers are twitching - he was investigating last night - so I expect we will purchase one soon. Then we will get to argue over who has it first ... I have far more close shaves than him (80% of his journey is on a cycle path). But I expect that as he loves technology he will have the first go.

jann71 said:
Anyone tried attaching to a full face helmet for moutain biking?
Have 2 helmets and would like to switch between them, bought the sports pack.

I haven't tried but there is a guy on youtube who attached one inside his fullface motorcycle helmet, Velcro on the chin bar in front of his mouth/nose, used the 3M velco tape, which I think is strong but removable, I suppose you can stick it to the outside too.

You can buy small amounts from ebay.

EDIT: I think it's called 3M lock?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
jann71 said:
Any particular software people use to edit the videos before uploading to youtube?
I need to remove a bit at the start and towards the end.

thanks

I just use windows movie maker, which is available on any Window's PC for free ;)

jann71 said:
I used my G1 charger yesterday to charge the Muvi it charged fine but now my charger no longer works!

Oh dear, blown the fuse? :evil:

I was just looking for info on the veho usb charger and I've noticed a few sites are selling/about to stock the extreme sports pack for £10 - £13.
Look via the links to dealers on the veho.uk website.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oops...my G2 (HTC Magic) charger works fine on the Cam and the phone.... just a one off your failure I'd hope..... - noticed the phone charger has 5 volts but 1 amp output, not the 1/2 amp output of the camera charger....but any should work as mini usb is a 'standard'....

Just got my MD80.....very good, chunky little thing..... not had much chance to mess with it, but it's OK....cheap included micro sd isn't up to the 3.5mb/second transfer rate - hence the jerks every 5 seconds or so - the Class 6 card is awaited.. (6 mb/second minimum.)....but quality is surprisingly good....

The cheap micro sd will go in a Nintendo DS "card" me thinks.....

Having seen pics etc, I was still shocked how tiny it is.....almost fits inside my helmet vents.........

Top Bottom