England : Kent Very late Christmas Whitstable Night Ride - Isle of Thanet - 10th January 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Unfortunately the weather looks like it's going to be having the final word.

There had been a nice little clear gap showing for Friday night, but those dastardly westerlies are rushing in quicker. The Norwegians think we'll only get a very light splattering of rain showing by 3 am, and 1-2 mm by 9 am Saturday. However, everyone else seems to make out it's time for Noah to get out his Ark.

Bearing in mind the Norwegians seem to have lost their winning streak, having got it wrong for the Southend FNRttC, I'm going to pull the plug on this, and cancel, as it looks like it just wouldn't be fun, struggling in hard wind & rain.

Anyone interested in another attempt, for example on Friday 10th January 2014?
Quite possibly, FD.
In any case, I was told yesterday I'm supposed to be fundraising on Saturday, rattling a collecting tin under the noses of shoppers in Harrow's Debenhams and playing their music requests. That would have been interesting with a couple of matchsticks to prop the eyelids open.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Anyone interested in another attempt, for example on Friday 10th January 2014?
I've put a provisional in my diary. Depending how much turkey I've consumed I may ride out to Whitstable to the start. It's a route I know fairly well. :wacko:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It may be worth changing the title of the thread, lots of people like @rb58 and @ianrauk are probably still ignoring it.
A sensible comment! So that's what I've done. Same route though, setting off from Whitstable station at midnight on Friday 10th January. Late trains run direct from Victoria, or from St Pancras, changing at Rochester to get the same train from Victoria, or else get off at Faversham and cycle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Lelly's birthday is the 12th Jan, she'll be 2 years old.

Tell me about it. Somehow Facebook has inserted a reminder for it onto my phone calendar. :rolleyes:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Never, ever anthropomorphise bicycles.
They don't like it.
Trust me, it's the only way to get through something as stupid as LEL. You need an anthropomorphised object to swear at......

Now back on thread, do I cycle all the way to Whitstable on my tod or head into Bromley South for a train to Faversham......

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Trust me, it's the only way to get through something as stupid as LEL. You need an anthropomorphised object to swear at......

Now back on thread, do I cycle all the way to Whitstable on my tod or head into Bromley South for a train to Faversham......

From Bromley South, you can stay on the train all the way to Whitstable - it's only the HS1 route which stops at Faversham.

Top Bottom