Very nearly got hit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Cycling down the A23, getting very close to the oval. Cycling in primary in the lane adjacent to the bus lane coming up to some lights that had just turned red.
A car pulls out of a side road and into the bus lane, stops to check if anything coming, looks at me (i'm wearing a bright red top and it's a muggy day, so clearly visable) and just pulls straight in front of me, i had to swever into the other lane into what would have been oncomming traffic. I shout a few explitives as i go past and turn around to comfront him.

He denies even seeing me and said i was lying. Bus driver pulls up next to us and tells him he did pull out straight infront of me. he then tries to jump the red light when i move off and get away from me, needless to say i quickly caught up and get his roof a good bashing with my fist.

Why is it that people think all cyclists are slow as a snail and always deny being in the wrong when you confront them, or not even knowing you where there?

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
gaz said:
Why is it that people think all cyclists are slow as a snail and always deny being in the wrong when you confront them, or not even knowing you where there?

The dozy/lazy/blind/idiot f*ckers are the minority of drivers, but it's them who get us into these scrapes.

I would say that most people on the road are, in the main, defensive and observant.

The unfortunate thing is that the 99% of us who are good road users have to share the roads with the 1% who account for 75% of the accident statistics.

Mr Pig

Drivers are almost aways the same, irrespective of what they do they try to blame you. Taxi driver had to brake and swerve because he cut a blind corner and nearly hit me. He then gave me a mouthful out the window! I would happily kill these people, no sweat.

Hope you dented his roof.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ahhh a good bit of car bashing.
If you had his window open you should have grabbed his keys while you had the chance and threw them on top of the bus!

Jane Smart

The Queen
XmisterIS said:
I find that a liberal squirt from a water bottle through an open window sometimes has interesting results ...

Haha I like your style. Even better if you have a bottle with an energy drink in it, makes it sticky too ;)

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
XmisterIS said:
The unfortunate thing is that the 99% of us who are good road users have to share the roads with the 1% who account for 75% of the accident statistics.
It seams we only remember the bad drivers ;)

Mr Pig said:
Hope you dented his roof.
by the way my fist is feeling, his roof has a big dent in it. it's not the first time i've hit a roof, but that was certainly the hardest.

Sorry to hear about this close call, however you did the right thing and swerved to avoid him, good on ya. also telling him along with the bus driver was a good move ;)

BUT what the F chasing after him and thumping his roof, what did you accomplish with that?? damaging his car.. Yes, pi$$ing him off.. most lightly, getting him wound up so that the next cyclist he see's is a fair target.. more than lightly, proving to him that cyclist are a menace on the streets.. YES

And if you'd have done that to my car, trust me I'd have gone for you both barrels blazing, sorry but these sort of actions make me glad I avoid London as much as possible as every time I'm down there all I see is jerks on bikes acting like they own the roads with less care for others than car drivers, maybe you aren't one of these but after saying how you act, YOU ARE ONE TOO

User76 said:
Why oh why does this keep getting trotted out? Do you imagine he killed the next cyclist he came across? No, nor do I. He needed to be reminded he can't do that to people.

As for coming at somenone with 'both barrels blazing', well you are clearly a tit.

Maggot, just for you...

Yes drivers who fail to take heed of what they have just done do need to learn that they can't just ignore us on the road, shoot I've been hit by a car and put in hospital from it, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. However there have also been many posts of how some idiot car driver went after a cyclist and deliberately hit them just for the cyclist mouthing off or giving the finger, do you know which car driver is going to do this next time??

If some idiot who thinks its alright to damage my property does so in front of me then YES I will have a go at then, doesn't matter if its my car, bike house or anything else.

I guess you are the one that thinks this sort of behaviour is OK, bloody hell he avoided an accident, had his say and then decided violence was the ultimate answer, so now he and you if what he did was ok are now saying you are also saying that its ok for others to act in that way towards us.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
HeartAttack said:
Maggot, just for you...

Yes drivers who fail to take heed of what they have just done do need to learn that they can't just ignore us on the road, shoot I've been hit by a car and put in hospital from it, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about. However there have also been many posts of how some idiot car driver went after a cyclist and deliberately hit them just for the cyclist mouthing off or giving the finger, do you know which car driver is going to do this next time??

If some idiot who thinks its alright to damage my property does so in front of me then YES I will have a go at then, doesn't matter if its my car, bike house or anything else.

I guess you are the one that thinks this sort of behaviour is OK, bloody hell he avoided an accident, had his say and then decided violence was the ultimate answer, so now he and you if what he did was ok are now saying you are also saying that its ok for others to act in that way towards us.

When you were in hospital after being hit off your bike, did you want to take it out on the next car driver you could do?

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
HeartAttack said:
as i said, he jumped a red, and thats when i chassed him and gave his car a good hitting. it's bad enough that he nearly hit me, but jumping a red, i don't agree with cyclists doing that, let alone cars.

Justified imo, so :wacko:

Top Bottom