Very nearly got hit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joe24 said:
When you were in hospital after being hit off your bike, did you want to take it out on the next car driver you could do?

User76 said:
Bloody good point Joe! Maybe HeartAttack will answer it.

I didn't need to go after the guy that hit me, he spent the night in a cell and has now been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention and was given an 18 month ban (he already had points on his licence)

As for going out to take it out on the next car I saw, the guy didn't hit me on purpose he just looked straight through me and I didn't register, if he'd hit me on purpose as per the OP said he did, close call/RLJ or whatever he wants to use as an excuse then maybe I'd have acted differently, but I am not going to condone acts of violence no matter what unless its the result of someone causing me or my property damage.

Saying that going from the OP's post trying to justify his actions, does this mean that when I see a cyclist RLJ or swing out of a junction without bothering to look and take appropriate action that I can ride or drive up to them and thump them?? If so I'll have a whale of a time Friday when I'm in London, whats good for him must be good for me :rolleyes::laugh::biggrin:

stanislaus

Keep Cool

Ride defensively at all times; no good being dead but right is there? Better to be alive and wronged.

Never retaliate especially against a car driver as a) they may be uninsured and more worried about PC plod than you B) on some sort of recreational drug and thus out of control c) a complete nutter looking for an excuse to show some aggression.

Keep Cool; feel superior in any case :biggrin:; and think of something else.

BTW - you ain't safe on the pavement either - hide behind a tree is best!

Safe cycling.

singapore_rider

You can be safest rider on the road, but you are a meat if some moronic drivers refused to see you and come to you from behind. This is what I fear most, getting hit from the back. But I guess there is nothing much you could do despite having lights and wearing bright clothings.

Top Bottom