Wearing glasses as a fashion accessory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Young chap just come into the office, wearing a pair of nice glasses. I asked about them and he told me that he wears them for fashion & that he has normal eyesight and that they just have clear lenses.

Kid's today eh?

tyred

Legendary Member
WTF!!!

I wear glasses because I need them to stop bumping into things. If I didn't need them, I certainly wouldn't be wearing them.

nilling

Über Member
MickL said:
I remember think it was Tim Vincent from Blue Peter used to wear fashion glasses, think they were the rage about 10 year ago. Sad twats.

+1 Tim Vincent

I am going to wait till the optician tells me :biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you may sneer, but if it works (and I'm guesssing that he has one motivation only) then who are we to judge?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
and did it work?

Why would anyone want to wear them unless to correct their vision ;)

I've worn them for 20 years, and contacts are so liberating by comparison.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
dellzeqq said:
you may sneer, but if it works (and I'm guesssing that he has one motivation only) then who are we to judge?

What, take 'em off, stumble about, paw at some unsuspecting young lady's ladybumps then offer a spluttered apology along the lines of "Ooh, awfully sorry about groping you, but I couldn't see where I was going!"?

HLaB said:
I just wear my glasses for fashion. I'm only -4R and -4.75L; I'm sure that's good enough to driven without them judging by some of the half blind idiots on the road.

Top Tip - Replace the lens's with some black card. then put a pin hole in the centre of each one and the job's a goodun ;)

(don't try this at night)

Top Bottom