What accent do you talk in?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

I don't believe I have any kind of a discernable accent or dialect. But if I had to describe the way I sound it would be ' southern' 'educated'.

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
Southern Brum diluted by near forty years down south.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
User259iroloboy said:
First wife was from the Midlands (Telford) <shudder> she had relies from a place called Dawley Bank, couldn't understand a word they said.

What's up with Telford? It's Shropshire anyway and a lovely place. ;) The Wrekin, Ironbridge, Bridgnorth - all within easy reach.

Noodley

I have a really strong Nigerian accent. Strange as it may seem for someone from Eastern Scotland......

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
We in Birmingham, in the centre of everything (clue -the Midlands), don't have an accent. We speak as God intended, like.

It's the rest of you lot who do.
'er indores lived in Solihull for several years when she was growing up. Still says 'nothink', 'anythink' etc.....<shudder>

Mortiroloboy

snapper_37 said:
What's up with Telford? It's Shropshire anyway and a lovely place. ;) The Wrekin, Ironbridge, Bridgnorth - all within easy reach.

Love Shropshire, Bridgnorth one of my fav places, severn Gorge etc etc...Telford= awful souless place

karen.488walker

snapper_37 said:

I was brought up in Wellington (Telford)! My mum was brought up in India, my Dad Manchester, I was born in Lancashire and went to uni in Yorkshire and have lived in the S.E for over 10 years. Northerners think I'm a southerner, some words have a northern twang. Southerners think I'm Northern. I don't sound like I come from the midlands it really annoys me. Everyone wants to disown me. The Dawley twang is almost Dudley ish, oooh. mmmm. Not an accent I would aspire to, nice people though!!

karen.488walker

A man from Dudley walks into a shop.'Iiiii'd like yow to make a statchew of miy dog in gold please"
"18 carat?
"Nooooow chewin' a bone!"

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Kirstie said:
There's a chance I'll be moving to Scotland in a couple of years - now i can't WAIT to get a scots accent...;)
I lived in Dublin for 5 years and it was frequently commented that I never lost my Scottish accent.:biggrin:

Top Bottom