What beers are you drinking these days?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Today, I is drinking Oude Geuze from Boon - proper sour Belgian lambiek

U

User169

dodgy said:
I reckon bottled bitters taste better at near room temperature, they become tasteless if stored in the fridge.

Quite. The reason most "beer" is served fridge/ice cold is to mask the revolting taste.

domd1979

Veteran
Yep, definitely shouldn't bung them in the fridge.

Isn't about 13 degrees sposed to be the ideal serving temp for beer?

dodgy said:
I reckon bottled bitters taste better at near room temperature, they become tasteless if stored in the fridge.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
domd1979 said:
Yep, definitely shouldn't bung them in the fridge.

Isn't about 13 degrees sposed to be the ideal serving temp for beer?

My beers only go into the fridge for about 30 mins, just to cool them slightly below room temperature. 13 degrees is the ideal temp. for ales. Too warm or too cold and the flavour and bouquet alter.

monnet

Guru
I've got a St Peter's Wheat Beer in the cupboard along with a mixed bag of belgian beers my mates gave me for my birthday.

Each to his own, but Quilmes?! My experience of that stuff (having lived in Argy bargy land) is that I only have to so much as look at the stuff and I get the mother of all hangovers. Mind the same is true of Zywiec.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
John the Monkey said:
Blimey, this is all going a bit too Oz Clarke for me right now :ohmy:

Real ale is a living drink, hence the name. It has to be kept at the correct temperature to be appreciated. I believe this is part of the reason real ale sales are going down. If a pint is too warm, the yeast in the barrel will start to ferment again giving the beer a bad taste, and possibly the drinker a bad stomach. Too cold and the ale loses its flavour. The way the ale is served is the key to giving the drinker a pint he/she will enjoy and not one which is duff.

Bodhbh

Guru
Not very patriotic in my beer tastes I'm afraid, pils pils pils - Staropramen, Pilsner Urquel, Tyskie, Budvar, Bitburger etc. Do like the IPAs like Timothy Taylor tho and a few tins of Orginal Guinness. What I love about old fashioned Guiness is it tastes fine without refridgeration, saves time getting stuck in! Probably marks me as a barbarian, but do like the lager after it's been in the freezer an hour and just about to freeze, same with the Timothy Taylor....

Mr Phoebus

Watney's Party Seven.

homerdrool.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, pasteurised.

Top Bottom