What book are you reading...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I'm still trying to read Speicher's copy of Bill Bryson she sent me many months ago :sad::blush:

longers

Legendary Member
Flann O'Briens "The Third Policeman".

I reckon I'm about 40%.

Some lunacy and some great phrasing in it.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I am also reading The Portal Between by Sarah Barnard which I got as a free book she offered out electronically on a Yahoo group.

Not easy reading on a PDF, I like being able to have a little paper book mark to hold the page and being able to pick it up without waiting for the computer to wake up and then scan throiugh looking for where I had read up to.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Noodley said:
I'm still trying to read Speicher's copy of Bill Bryson she sent me many months ago :laugh::blush:

Well, if you eventually learn to read finish it, I would like to have it back, but there really is no rush.:sad::eek:

I am trying to read "The Time Traveller's Wife", by Audrey Niffenegger.
I say trying to, because, in the nicest possible way, it is a very good cure for insomnia. :smile:

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Speicher said:
I am trying to read "The Time Traveller's Wife", by Audrey Niffenegger.
I say trying to, because, in the nicest possible way, it is a very good cure for insomnia. :sad:
I started reading that once and I left it at an ex girlfriend's house when we split up. I keep remembering books I left there when I find that I can't find them here.

Noodley

Night Train said:
I keep remembering books I left there when I find that I can't find them here.

What about the books you can't remember? Do you thing they are with her as well?

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Noodley said:
What about the books you can't remember? Do you thing they are with her as well?
I don't know. I have about 1500-2000 books and I know some I left with my ex wife and some I left with my ex gf and some I lent out and never got back.

If I can't remember one then I don't know if it is missing or not until I remember and start looking for it. When I can't find one I think back to where I last read it and then track forwards from there to work out where it went.

Melvil

Black Man by Richard Morgan.

Great story and ideas and a lot of cussing!

Wolf04

The God Particle by Leon Lederman.

If the universe is the answer, what is the question?

Nobel prize winner in physics. Hard going so far.

He obviously hasn't read the Hitchhikers guide.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
longers said:
Flann O'Briens "The Third Policeman".

I reckon I'm about 40%.

Some lunacy and some great phrasing in it.

Longers, will you quit with the synchronicities tonight?

I'm about 20% into The Third Policeman but get very little chance to read at the mo, I might even start from the beginning again after the summer.

I will be starting to read 'The Subtle Knife' by Philip Pullman to Mrs. & Miss tdr1nka tomorrow night so maybe that's my current read?

Abitrary

My favorite quote about books was when a music magazine asked the gallagher brothers (Oasis) what books they read.

Noel said The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Liam said 'I've never read a book'.

Top Bottom