What device or gadget should be dis-invented? And why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sittingduck said:
Sold!
Do they come in size 3 (triangular shaped)?

Yep - I can have them made any size you like.....all I do is leave some small clothes by the fire at bedtime, and the shoes are there in the morning! :wacko:

gavintc

Guru
Sittingduck said:
Well the Title says "Device or Gadget"...?

Well apart from churches and their icons.

I have to add the mobile phone to the list. Useful, but too dominant.

On a lower level, and cycling related; heart rate monitor (it can rule your training)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Melvil said:
They've transformed travelling on the train or bus into a non-stop exposition of someone's pathetically boring life and immediate plans for the future.
Some of those are gems though.

I once spent a very enjoyable trip listening to two braying sloanes planning their office Christmas party as though it was Operation Overlord.

I also enjoy the dreadfully complicated ones made by teenage girls, in which the various slights upon them by a cast OF THOUSANDS over the course OF MANY YEARS are recounted and lamented in detail, along with the plans of revenge.

I don't like business ones very much, although I sometimes liven those up by pretending the dramatis personae are the shouty businessmen from "A Bit of Fry and Laurie"

simonali

Guru
User1314 said:
I mean, if you want to play tennis go outside and play it. Why pretend? And pay hundreds of pounds to do so.

My wife's tennis racquet cost about the same as a Wii, so the last part of your argument falls apart when you factor in clothing, tennis shoes, balls, club fees etc! :smile:

simonali

Guru
Not mobile phones in general, but I'd like to rid the world of ones with speakers in owned by kids who play music out of them in public.

GrahamG

Guru
In car Sat-nav. Seriously, in the wrong hands, muppetry shows no bounds with a sat-nav installed in the middle of the windscreen obliterating a drivers view.

Top Bottom