What device or gadget should be dis-invented? And why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
gavintc said:
No, simply religion. We would all be better without it.

Isn't cycling a religion of sorts?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Fnaar said:
The umbrella. Blooming fiddly things, hate 'em.

And finally he had upset the whole household when he arrived an hour and a half late for luncheon and covered with mud from head to foot, and made not the least apology, saying merely: “I never allow myself to be influenced in the smallest degree either by atmospheric disturbances or by the arbitrary divisions of what is known as Time. I would willingly reintroduce to society the opium pipe of China or the Malayan kriss, but I am wholly and entirely without instruction in those infinitely more per-nicious (besides being quite bleakly bourgeois) implements, the umbrella and the watch.”

for me it's the mudguard. And Rohloff gears

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think mudguards would probably be a good candidate in all seriousness. They don't really do much and a whole social system seems to have built up around them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
Anything in a 'Kleeneze' catalogue.

No! Where else will my Mum get her two tier turntables to go in cupboards and hold jars of things?

If she can't bake with easy access to cocoa powder, I don't get my birthday cake.

MajorMantra

simonali said:
Not mobile phones in general, but I'd like to rid the world of ones with speakers in owned by kids who play music out of them in public.

Strange, that's almost word-for-word what I was about to post. Tinny mp3 hip-hop played by chavs on buses should be grounds for hanging...

Matthew

simonali

Guru
I'd prefer boiling. Is that allowed?

Top Bottom