What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Love Film just emailed to say next film is on the way. "The Forbidden Planet".

From '56? An absolute classic if so. Although it's a little weird seeing Leslie Nielsen in a 'straight' role.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sideways. Stands up really well...I can see why it got the plaudits it did when it came out. No mean feat to be moving, thought-provoking and laugh-out-loud funny.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Having read the book, I cannot begin to imagine how you'd go about filming Cloud Atlas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would have thought it's an example of a book that is really, in truth, absolutely unfilmable. (The book, I'd quickly add, is brilliant.)

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Having read the book, I cannot begin to imagine how you'd go about filming Cloud Atlas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I would have thought it's an example of a book that is really, in truth, absolutely unfilmable. (The book, I'd quickly add, is brilliant.)

You should watch the film. I liked it. I haven't read the book though. I must admit, the books do tend to be better than the films

AndyRM

XOXO

Seconded. Although the same was said about Watchmen and that's a damn fine film.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Cloud atlas with halle berry and tom hanks. Nice film. Worth watching.

I need to watch this film. My brother reckons it is superb and has watched it a couple of times. Not so sure I will see it the same, all the same its a nice to change to see a different film instead of the usual remakes, super hero Hollywood $$$ making over substance films.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Tried to re-watch Tron Legacy( i first saw it a couple of years ago) but it is still crap.Not a patch on the original.

I agree. The first one was good, but the second one was absolute rubbish. I managed to watch the whole thing, but I wished I hadnt.

Top Bottom