What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Noah..... The story of the first container ship.

Absolute crap, I watched this so you don't have to

davdandy

Re-watched the awesome The Bourne Identity.Class film.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Last night I watched the 1960's version of The Time Machine. I was disappointed. It was not much like the book. OTOH the film version of Weena was an improvement on the book.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmL-jgkRh60pQLGOmoga0zyfhyh-BFLmE0tVpIkYiAgvA_ceS3.jpg

The Weena in the book is so childlike that it is rather disturbing. Even the film Weena is so stupid the time traveller might have been done for exploiting a vulnerable adult.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yvette Mimeux. I think the idea was, at least in Wells' book, that humans on the surface had become like livestock due to not having to live by their wits, they sort of lost them. I thought it was quite good for 1960's films, but in the intervening years it does look a bit dated. It seemed like when American movie studios adapted classics, like 3 Worlds of Gulliver, (Gullivers Travels)(( fine opening march, btw, by Bernard Herrman)) they always dumb down the literary characteristics that make the book a classic in the first place, to give it more popular appeal.

davdandy

Always been a fan of The Time Machine,but i prefer the early stages where Wells is going through the years and keeps seeing his old mate,or his sons as it turns out.Great movie.

Such a pity the remake was such an abomination.

Top Bottom