What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What did you think? Despite the great reviews, and the excellent performances and the usual intricate sets and cinematography you expect from Wes Anderson, I didn't think it was as good as Moonrise Kingdom.

not seen the latter, but really enjoyed " Hotel" - style over substance - probably but enthralling from start to finish

AndyRM

XOXO
Drive.

Beautiful, brutal and tragic. Essentially an homage to Los Angeles, played out as a love story destined to fail. Compelling stuff. I've become a bit of a Nicholas Refn fanboy and have his first effort, Pusher, to watch tonight.

9/10

AndyRM

XOXO
Captain America, the winter soldier ... good action movie....
Old Boy with Josh Brolin ... very violent movie... strange, interesting story but really only on OK movie...

Watch the Korean original of Old Boy. It is, as the originals usually are, far superior. I've never really rated Spike Lee as a director to be honest, but any respect I had for him went down the pan with this.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Noah.

Wasn't our choice but some visitors brought it with them as they wanted to see it.

Utter drivel - I thought Russell Crowe was better than this.

Hammy acting, ludicrous storyline (didn't stand a chance really seeing as it was based on a ludicrous story anyway) and the CGI department must've left the animation to the work experience (or latter day equivalent) crew.

The 'Fallen Angels' especially were pitifully poor on the CGI front.

An absolute stinker of a film which sadly had Anthony Hopkins on the payroll - why such a talented guy ceded to this nonsense is beyond me. I can't imagine he is down to his last dollar.

Watch it to see just how bad Hollywood can be. Although I warn you; they managed to spin this crap out over 2hrs 13mins.

PS: highlight of the film was when a drop of rain fell onto parched ground and a nanosecond later up shot a pretty little white flower. :rolleyes:

davdandy

Watch the Korean original of Old Boy. It is, as the originals usually are, far superior. I've never really rated Spike Lee as a director to be honest, but any respect I had for him went down the pan with this.

For me Oldboy is one of the very best movies ever made,a stunning tour de force by the awesome Min Sik Choi,one of the finest actors i have had to pleasure to watch.because of this i totally refuse to watch the remake.It wasn't needed and was totally unnecessary apart from those folk either too dumb to read subtitles or just too plain lazy.The remake can go to hell.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Snowpiercer. Silly story but enjoyable. Tilda Swinton was brilliant in it.

davdandy

Last night i re-watched Inbred,a quirky Brit horror with good humour and gore.Also watched Devils Bridge,another Brit horror but i didn't like that one at all.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Bula Quo!

Fantastic! Amazing! Unbelievable!

Quite possibly the worst thing Status Quo have done since Margue-bloody-rita Time, this is a real stinker of a movie... whether it's so bad it's good or so bad it's terrible i don't know... but I wholeheartedly recommend it to all and sundry :thumbsup:

up hill struggle

Noah.
Utter drivel.
Hammy acting
CGI department must've left the animation to the work experience crew.
An absolute stinker of a film

i agree with you there, it has to be one of the worst movies to come out of hollywood in recent years.

Whether you believe in the religion behind the storyline or just appreciate a good movie, this movie would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

my nephew sent a copy to me online shortly after its cinema release, sure it was a bad copy taken in a cinema (even had someone get up after 90 mins go for a leak & come back to there seat after) but as knows i like a good movie & being a good nephew he sent me a copy but its a terrible movie and if i were religious i think i would have been pretty offended at how Noah is portrayed.

on the other hand he sent maleficent a few weeks back which was a much better movie than i expected for a fairytale & i would watch that 10 times in a row before i would watch Noah again.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
My daughter has bought the dvd of noah and is planning on watching it tonight. I'll find out what she thought of it...

Top Bottom