What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
And finally in the series of films I've been watching to distract me from a migraine:

Nothing Left to Fear.

Absolute bobbins. The first hour is essentially the same scene replayed. The final wearisome 40 minutes hammers every possession movie cliche in the book over your head. To be fair, this has happened since The Exorcist with which any similar film will draw inevitable comparisons. None have succeeded so far and this effort is no different.

3/10.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Dawn of the planet of the apes.

davdandy

All is Lost.

Robert Redford on a boat in the middle of the ocean.That`s it.And what a movie it is.A superb tale of one man fighting for survival as his boat gets into trouble on the high seas.Seeing as Redford is now in his 80`s he gives a wonderful performance and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.The other thing of note is the almost lack of dialogue,i doubt there are no more then twenty words spoken yet don't even notice as you watch this man trying to survive.Highly recommended.:thumbsup:

AndyRM

XOXO
All is Lost.

Robert Redford on a boat in the middle of the ocean.That`s it.And what a movie it is.A superb tale of one man fighting for survival as his boat gets into trouble on the high seas.Seeing as Redford is now in his 80`s he gives a wonderful performance and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.The other thing of note is the almost lack of dialogue,i doubt there are no more then twenty words spoken yet don't even notice as you watch this man trying to survive.Highly recommended.:thumbsup:

An excellent and under appreciated film.

I have spent a similarly dialogue free morning with Valhalla Rising and Only God Forgives.

Both are beautiful, complicated and difficult. The director, Nicolas Refn is a genius, capable of creating truly unique pieces of cinema. He's not made a film that I don't like yet. Valhalla Rising is my favourite, with Bronson a close second.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
And it will defo be turned OFF.

'Ark at Barry Norman.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
watched the Jackie Chan film "Project A" - which was his first big success. Great, stupid fun . And it contains the best bicycle chase in cinema history. Acting and plot are slight, but the stunts, choreographed fights, production values and all round fun concede to no-one.

Top Bottom