What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Oceans Eleven. Again. Great film, never fails to enthrall me for some reason.

yello

It IS twaddle, but entertaining twaddle.

It works as a film IMHO. Makes no claims to anything it's not. Stays within its limited boundaries and tells a good story. Not the best film ever made but there are certainly worse.

davdandy

Hunger Games is ok,but if you want a similar film but much much better then go no further than the brilliant Battle Royale.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The Trials of Cate McCall.

Kate Beckinsale isn't hard to look at, and it is good to see a film where the main female character owns the storyline and plot and the male characters are the minor ones. Worth 90 minutes of your life if a very formulaic courtroom drama at heart.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
It IS twaddle, but entertaining twaddle.

It works as a film IMHO. Makes no claims to anything it's not. Stays within its limited boundaries and tells a good story. Not the best film ever made but there are certainly worse.
I enjoyed Hunger Games more than i expected too, but no so much I've dived into the sequel (yet). It has a very comic book feel about it which helps one not take it too seriously... however friends' did moan about the kill scenes not being violent enough... but it's a kids film! Plus, it doesn't patronise the young female lead character... she's good, not good for a girl.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I enjoyed the hunger games as well. Too many people take these films to seriously. They are what they are. Entertainment. Nothing more or less. They are a good way to, wile away a couple of hours, without feeling depressed or angry by the film or its ending or content. People, should lighten up a bit.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hunger Games is excellent, the sequel is pretty good too. Annoyingly, the final book has been split into two films. I don't understand the comparisons with Battle Royale as they are completely different.

I watched both versions of Insomnia over the weekend. I'm not sure which I prefer to be honest, largely because Skarsgard and Pacino are so good. Both get 7/10 from me.

Top Bottom