What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Garibaldi Hotel tonight, Northampton. Twinfest weekend, so will be bands from Germany and France, plus local bands. A local band I have a bit of interest in Rolling Thunder are the headline, next week they’re also playing at the Moro GP, so that should be fun.

Adam4868

Guru
Undertones and The Stranglers on Friday night...Gary Numan last night...and Billy Bragg and Squeeze tonight.
Amongst others...four day Punk Festival here so it'd be rude not to go to a few.😁

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Undertones and The Stranglers on Friday night...Gary Numan last night...and Billy Bragg and Squeeze tonight.
Amongst others...four day Punk Festival here so it'd be rude not to go to a few.😁

Rebellion Festival? My sister & brother in law were there as he's a Numan obsessive.

Adam4868

Guru
Rebellion Festival? My sister & brother in law were there as he's a Numan obsessive.
Yea listened to a bit of Gary Numan last night...not that I know much of his newer stuff !
Saw Billy Bragg tonight and listening to a bit of Squeeze now.
They have put a lot of the bands outdoors on the seafront,under the Tower which had been good !

newts

Veteran
We've just had a hot boozy weekend at Valley Fest near Bristol. Leah Weller (proud dad watching in the wings), Travis & Clean Bandit were highlights. As well as the 'moosic' the festival promotes sustainable agriculture/food production with plenty of delicious local fayre available.

20220807_232551.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A slightly delayed appearance by Agnes Obel at Cambridge Corn Exchange. Accompanied by 2 cellists and a percussionist, Agnes on keyboards and with all 4 contributing vocals it was well worth the wait.

This was originally scheduled for April 5th 2020 which probably makes it one of the longest Covid delayed events with the original tickets honoured.

At Brentor Village Hall, under the Villages in Action banner, "Suthering", a female folk duo with wonderful voices and instrumental capabilities. Bought a CD. Surprised to learn that they're from here, Tavistock.
Recommended.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Booked months ago before the cost of living went bananas
Jersey Boys at Nottingham
Based on the life story of the 4 seasons band , no photo/ video allowed so here a youtube trailer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1R2yZItS_I

Top Bottom