What happens when you go away …

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Five days in Cornwall and you come back to this ……

IMG_2658.jpeg

Attack of the Spokey Dokeys ……… No, I’m not riding it like that kids …!!!!!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Cornwall? They're lucky you didn't come back dressed as a Morris dancer!

I used to threaten my wife's son with his daughter being given a roll of Disney Princess stickers and his golf clubs - unless he took them home and kept them there

The kid was too good and would never do it!
I eventually took them to the charity shop when she was selling the house - he hasn;t missed them yet and it was over 8 years ago!!!

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I used to threaten my wife's son with his daughter being given a roll of Disney Princess stickers and his golf clubs - unless he took them home and kept them there

The kid was too good and would never do it!
I eventually took them to the charity shop when she was selling the house - he hasn;t missed them yet and it was over 8 years ago!!!

Our local "recycling centre" seems to be 50% old golf clubs by mass; the mind boggles at what these originally cost and is suggestive of what a pointless pursuit this is..

Our local "recycling centre" seems to be 50% old golf clubs by mass; the mind boggles at what these originally cost and is suggestive of what a pointless pursuit this is..

Reminds me of standing looking out over a marina near the Isla of White with a bloke I grew up with.
We were waiting for his wife and kids to return from shopping and were just talking.
we started to add up an estimated cost of all the boats in front of us based on evidence from a nearby "For Sale" board and wild guesses
the total was staggering

He also commented that when he goes down there in mid summer most of the same boats are there - in fact even more as a lot over-winter in boat yards
but generally do very little involving moving except for maybe a week a year or so.

What a massive waste of money!
at least - in most cases

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Reminds me of standing looking out over a marina near the Isla of White with a bloke I grew up with.
We were waiting for his wife and kids to return from shopping and were just talking.
we started to add up an estimated cost of all the boats in front of us based on evidence from a nearby "For Sale" board and wild guesses
the total was staggering

He also commented that when he goes down there in mid summer most of the same boats are there - in fact even more as a lot over-winter in boat yards
but generally do very little involving moving except for maybe a week a year or so.

at least - in most cases

Indeed... while I'm not shy of spending money on decent gear, it seems some things in life only exist as perpetual money pits for those with endless funds / more money than sense..

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Isla of White

Where is that?

the total was staggering

at least - in most cases

To simulate the effects of owning a yacht, stand in a cold shower while chain cutting £20 notes up.

Top Bottom