Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Specialized

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • Giant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canyon

Votes: 7 5.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I like Canyons, nice clean, unfussy design; German, if you will! Don't know if that has any bearing on it being a 'cool brand' but it's more about the product for me.

Pinararellos are not cool in any way, from their gimmicky fork design to the fact that Alan Sugar has a room full of them, probably because it was the most expensive thing in the shop.

Reactions: mjr

dim

I'm saving up for one of these: (an old Bob Jackson tricycle) .... seen a few on ebay the last few months, but I was skint .... hoping to get one in April next year... I will upgrade to Shimano 105 or Ultegra and use this as a shopping bike with a large saddle bag, and use it for a sunday fast fun ride:

rare-iconic-bike-design-ever-collected-06.jpg

I like bare metal. Money no object it would be unobtainium.
And I'd temper colour it. Blues into purple and on to straw and silver.
It would be wasted on me, but I wouldn't care.

But in the real world I'll stick with my painted aluminium.

Sigh !

dim

Cervelos are quite nice, but again, not because of the brand, because of the design.

I like cervello, but to me they don't look super cool .... on the used market, and for value for money, I'd rather get a Giant TCR Pro .... I could not afford a Pro and bought a normal TCR ... nothing special to look at but very fast, and very stiff .... very fast especially on sprints, and I doubt that the Cervelo is much faster even though it's much more expensive... Scott Foil was also on my wish list

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Veteran
Cervelos are quite nice, but again, not because of the brand, because of the design.
Seems like a lot of love for Cervelo. Can anyone tell me what makes one expensive North American brand better than another( Specialized?) Is it just the fancy french/ italian portmanteau?

SWSteve

Guru
Seems like a lot of love for Cervelo. Can anyone tell me what makes one expensive North American brand better than another( Specialized?) Is it just the fancy french/ italian portmanteau?

The lines of Cervelos help. And the colours are planned simply with solid blocks of colours

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Personally I don't like curved top tubes and shell suit colours...

That's the power of brands, though, isn't it? Not all Specialized bikes fit that description, but it's what I associate with them. It's a double edged sword...

Top Bottom