What speed do you ride along the road at...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Normally in the 28 to 32 KPH on fairly flat roads, of course big hills and strong winds will knock that down quite a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nowadays I'm mostly a commuter and I don't like rushing, so I tend to pick a steady pace suited to the traffic conditions. I'm always amused by cyclists who overtake me in a blur on the way to work - I guess they are either late, really like getting to work early or are just addicted to going fast!

redjedi said:
I've got a couple of nice roads I go along on my daily commute, and I like to cruise at about 20mph, when I feel good. This morning it was about 17mph as I haven't set up the cleats properly on my new shoes.

But my commute is treated as a daily workout, so I couldn't keep it up for too long.

On longer rides I like to aim for about 16-18MPH.

;) - where's that then Luke? Towards Kew Bridge I suppose and..?

dodgy

I ride as fast as I can usually, taking into account how far I have to go obviously. My speed on the flat is impossible to state with accuracy, could be a headwind etc.
Today my cruising speed seemed to be 22 - 23mph most of the time, but the average speed an journey's end on the Garmin revealed the truth - 18mph ;)

dodgy

I get more pleasure from a good workout than I do from pootling. It's not as if I don't still see the scenery.

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
:biggrin: - where's that then Luke? Towards Kew Bridge I suppose and..?

That's the one, but on the way home when there's less traffic, but only as far as the McDs.

The other is South Africa Road, going past QPR. Newly resurfaced and wide enough that even if there's traffic I don't need to slow down.

:ohmy:

Top Bottom