What speed do you ride along the road at...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
User3143 said:
between 18-25mph on a smooth flat road.

+1

postman

Legendary Member
Someone had a wonderful word for a chap like me.

Who just 'tootles' along at 12mph.I have tried to move it a bit.But i just run out of steam.

I just enjoy the scenery and the company.

But i would love to remember that word for just coasting along on a day out.

Anyone remember it?

montage

God Almighty
Commuting in the morning I like to keep sub 20mph (less sweat you see)
Afternoon commute is faster, I enjey seeing how long I can hold 30, but usually anywhere between 20 and 25 .....same for normal rides. Towards the 30 mark when TTing but I allways end up doing the first half mile at around 33/34mph ....fooolish me (leaves me shagged after a mile).

Currently injured with crapkneeisitus so I'm not letting my speed on the flats go over 20, anywhere between 15 and 20 at the moment.

dudi

in general, on the flat around 20-26mph, assuming no wind.

Push it a bit as I did tonight, and I'll go along at 25-30mph if the traffic lets me, but i doubt i could keep that up for more than a few miles at a time...

The long term average on the commute is about 15 mph, but there is a very wide variation. Going in against a head wind on a cold morning and it's little more than 10 mph. On a warm evening going home, it can be more than 20 mph.

postman

Legendary Member
Bimble thats the one.

And once again Leeds United come up short.

Have i enough years left in me to see Utd a force in football?

D

Deleted member 1258

Normally between 18 and 22mph, speeds pretty similar on both the fixed and gears.A bit faster with a tailwind and a bit slower with a head wind.

Top Bottom