What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
i mean i watched them not via an app like apple /disney ;)

yes, as per initial post, Strike was on Iplayer because it was/is a BBC series, nowt to do with Apple / disney. I tend to mention where I saw something when posting on this thread, makes it easy for people to find it if they want to watch it.
------------------
Back to apps in general, yes ITVX its a little inconsistent for me, and All4 I sometime need to press the "enter" button on the control at start and end of adverts for it to keep playing.

I find we rarely watch anything live anymore. We work out what we want to watch and then revert to Iplayer, ITVX, All4 or My5.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A Series of Unfortunate Events (series 2)... faultless! ^_^

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Back to apps in general, yes ITVX its a little inconsistent for me

Yeah they are not all the same. We often have problem with ITVx but as we watch them all through the firestick, you can go to "force stop" and then re-launch the app fairly quickly. It usually happens at times of high demand though, even though we have fast fibre connection. Netflix and the larger apps are far more forgiving of a slow or inconsistent web connection I think. I guess the likes of Netflix and Disney also have more money behind the app creation.

GetFatty

Über Member
A kind of “in praise of”. I’ve recently binned Sky (£109 a month with an imminent price rise). Initially I used my smart TV (Sony Bravia) but for sone reason iplayer wouldn’t work so i got a fire stick 4k max. Wow, the firestick has definitely moved on. Handles all my streaming apps with ease including Superleague+ which was a bit iffy on the TV.

Anyway back to the topic, just started watching Kin. Great so far.
Tried to watch Star Wars 1 but it’s awful. I finally gave up when I was watching McGregor talk to Jar Jar Binks and he was speaking to something about a foot above Binks’ head

Chislenko

Veteran
I knew two of the people on this week's edition of Mynd am Dro (S4c) which basically translates as Going for a Walk. Yes, you've guessed right it is about four people going for a walk 🙂

Just watched this, about Sunderland Point, after I got home from work
They were slightly 'economical' with the truth, stating the hamlet (if 30, or so, houses is enough to be a hamlet?) was cut off at high-tide
Perhaps they ought to have phrased it, as "Cut Off By Road"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c7tl

Just watched this, about Sunderland Point, after I got home from work
They were slightly 'economical' with the truth, stating the hamlet (if 30, or so, houses is enough to be a hamlet?) was cut off at high-tide
Perhaps they ought to have phrased it, as "Cut Off By Road"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c7tl

Thanks for that, I haven't been myself but my parents have. Samboo's grave is mentioned which is the grave of an abandoned slave boy who died at the point.

The series looks interesting, there's some places on there like Arnside, Rave glass and Robin Hoods Bay that I have visited and will take a look.

Thanks for that, I haven't been myself but my parents have. Samboo's grave is mentioned which is the grave of an abandoned slave boy who died at the point.

The series looks interesting, there's some places on there like Arnside, Rave glass and Robin Hoods Bay that I have visited and will take a look.
Yes, l’ll be watching some of the others
I’ve been to all 3 you mention

gbb

Legendary Member
Sky History, Royal Kill List
Whoa, I'm really hooked.
King Charles II sets out to deliver terrible revenge on those that signed his father's execution warrant.

A really interesting mix of commentary from advocates (royalist and parliamentarian) political manoevering and drama etc etc.
Fear, murderous intent, defiance, revenge, its got bucket loads of it all.

Top Bottom