What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Amazon are screening Baywatch back to back. I think we can stop the recommendations right here.

Oh. Xena is on too.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Remake of shogun on disney plus
Its good but i remeber the richard chamberlain version and read the book a fair few times so im always drawing comparisons, just found the original on internet archive

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
We've started watching "The Way". It's a good mix of political and social dystopia, and traditional drama. Soundtrack is spot-on for the feel of the show, and the actors are good (including Dave from "Dave Coaches" - Gavin and Stacey)

watched that myself last night and really enjoyed it. Reminded me of those 70s/80s dystopian TV dramas... which i guess were what influenced the writer.

Chislenko

Veteran
watched that myself last night and really enjoyed it. Reminded me of those 70s/80s dystopian TV dramas... which i guess were what influenced the writer.

I taped it then discarded it when I found out it was to do with Michael Sheen.

Personally I find his new found Welshness an embarrassment. Just my personal view, enjoy the series.

Chislenko

Veteran
he is Welsh.

I know that Monty. However after years of him not knowing it he now appears to think he is a "spokesperson" for our nation and some of his "speak" is downright embarrassing.

Interestingly Richard Chamberlain was also the original Bourne.

And kind of based on a true story too. I went down a wormhole checking out the East India Company and came across the story of the first Englishman to make it to Japan. Heck of a story - just that.

Miners' Strike 1984: The Battle for Britain (All4)

Features lots of interviews with the people involved from all parties involved in the dispute, wherever you stand this is a must watch I'd say for us to understand why this was such a divisive dispute that to this day has left deep scars in people.

Chislenko

Veteran
Miners' Strike 1984: The Battle for Britain (All4)

Features lots of interviews with the people involved from all parties involved in the dispute, wherever you stand this is a must watch I'd say for us to understand why this was such a divisive dispute that to this day has left deep scars in people.

Yes, was reading an interview with a chap who carried on working through the strike at Point of Ayr Colliery in North Wales. Forty years on and some people still won't talk to him.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2024...e-rest-of-my-days-says-mineworker-40-years-on

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes, was reading an interview with a chap who carried on working through the strike at Point of Ayr Colliery in North Wales. Forty years on and some people still won't talk to him.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2024...e-rest-of-my-days-says-mineworker-40-years-on

I did see an obituary around 1980 or so for an old lady in a Welsh mining valley. Apparently she would attend funerals for strikebreakers from the 1927 General Strike, and when the coffin was being lowered she'd spit in the grave and loudly proclaim that another of those scab bastards gone to the horror of the other mourners. Even 50+ years on she had not forgotten or forgiven, albeit that was maybe taking it a bit far

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like Fallout series is hitting in April (based on the game).

Just started Monarch: Legacy of Monsters (Apple) - it's great, especially if you like Godzilla and similar stuff.

Top Bottom