What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I worked in IT for 40 odd years, and I concur with every bit of that
Obviously, as part of Software Development teams, I had remote access to a Client's computer to fault find an application, even in the 1990's, using dial-up modem technology.

One of the main problems was the unaudited editing using remote access. I remember that in business critical applications, a strict procedure was needed to be adhered to and witnessed.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Detectorists....I've probably watched it,the whole series three times and still love it.What is it about it that makes it so good ?
I even recommended it to a good friend of mine in America,not her usual sort of viewing but she loved it.Such a beautiful watch that's funny and moving at the same time.
Right thanks @stephec I'm gonna have to watch it again now 😁

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Detectorists....I've probably watched it,the whole series three times and still love it.What is it about it that makes it so good ?
I even recommended it to a good friend of mine in America,not her usual sort of viewing but she loved it.Such a beautiful watch that's funny and moving at the same time.
Right thanks @stephec I'm gonna have to watch it again now 😁

I feel exactly the same way about it. Perfect to unwind with.

I've probably mentioned it on here before, but Bob and Mortimer Go Fishing has very similar vibes.

Just, wholesome and thoroughly pleasant to watch. Realistic too without over-exaggerating everything; it takes pleasure in the little things and unashamedly so.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Agreed.

I love trying to explain it to people too. Because it's not really about anything, and yet it is.

Really enjoyed the evolution of topics they discussed too.

My partner described it as if was me going down the pub with a couple of mates and just talking bowlacks :laugh:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
We've started watching "The Way". It's a good mix of political and social dystopia, and traditional drama. Soundtrack is spot-on for the feel of the show, and the actors are good (including Dave from "Dave Coaches" - Gavin and Stacey)

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
My partner described it as if was me going down the pub with a couple of mates and just talking bowlacks :laugh:

When I first discovered it mine (at the time) came in and said

"What on earth is this. Fishing? Do they actually catch anything?"

"Not often, but it's glorious when they do."

"I'm not watching this."

"Fine. And away..."

I suppose it's not a surprise that we split up.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Manifest (Netflix): I started watching it months ago but 5 minutes in realised that UK Netflix only has seasons 1 and 4, so I gave up. Now I have a VPN, US Netflix has all 4 seasons. It is a good mix of almost B-movie type acting and CGI at times, but also reminiscent of the Final Destination series of films. Seasons are very long (16 episodes in the 1st) and like with any long-running series, there are a few episodes that drag on and you just have to stick at it (I'm looking at you, The Walking Dead).

We can always tell when we're enjoying a series as we just watch nothing else until it's finished, which we are doing with this one

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Watched "Too good to be true" a channel 5 drama. All a bit predictable really, so I was disappointed. I also hate it when the ending is set up for a series 2.
Loved it, but the writers seemed to loose all interest when it came to the final episode. What a let down!

I recently happened across an 80s drama called The Franchise Affair... set in post war Britain, a woman and her mother are accused of kidnapping and beating a 15 year old. The final episode of that had all the twists and turns of a truly great drama. Faultless, in my book.

Top Bottom