What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just watched the first two episodes of Blue Lights on the iPlayer. What a great series. Already very invested in the characters. Would recommend.

GuyBoden

Guru
I’m listening to that in podcast just now actually . Very interesting only on episode 8 . However just had the interview from the Federation of Postmasters Union leader . WTF , supposed to be there for support .
"without prejudice"

Post Office Scandal, I was initially interested because I'm a software Engineer, the insistent intransigence by Post Office that the Horizon software had no faults and then using this to prosecute innocence people is scandalous.

I'm waiting for the Public Enquiry to interview Gareth Jenkins, the Horizon software chief architect from Fujitsu. Who was the Post Office's expert witness at court.

Gareth Jenkins is yet to attend, using "the principle of privilege against self-incrimination":
"the principle of privilege against self-incrimination. Before we go any further, I should tell you that a witness at a public inquiry has a right to decline to answer questions if there is a risk that the answer to the question would incriminate the witness. In short, that is the principle of privilege against self-incrimination."

Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
"without prejudice"

Post Office Scandal, I was initially interested because I'm a software Engineer, the insistent intransigence by Post Office that the Horizon software had no faults and then using this to prosecute innocence people is scandalous.

I'm waiting for the Public Enquiry to interview Gareth Jenkins, the Horizon software chief architect from Fujitsu. Who was the Post Office's expert witness at court.

oh I’m just getting even angrier after each episode !

GuyBoden

Guru
oh I’m just getting even angrier after each episode !
"without prejudice"

Interestingly.

Post Office Security, it seems, had to pay Fujitsu to access Transaction Audit files. '£1 million for 100 accesses' :eek:

David Smith, former Post Office Head of Change & IS.
"The immediate issue was that security had, I think it was the right to access the audit file 100 times in a financial year. They were currently using all of those opportunities. They were only resourced to deal with 100 accesses of the data. If you extended this to civil cases it needed more resource to process the data. I mean, this could be -- for some unknown reason, £1 million for 100 accesses"

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I see a new series of kin started this week, will catch up over the weekend

I quite liked the first series.
I've just subscribed to Netflix so that MrsP can watch a new series called One Day. It has got good reviews.
We did watch Fool me Again. Michelle Keegan plays the lead character. It gets a bit predictable towards the end, and Keegan plays the same kind of character that she has played in her last few series.
Watch if you have nothing better to do.

Adam4868

Guru
I quite liked the first series.
I've just subscribed to Netflix so that MrsP can watch a new series called One Day. It has got good reviews.
We did watch Fool me Again. Michelle Keegan plays the lead character. It gets a bit predictable towards the end, and Keegan plays the same kind of character that she has played in her last few series.
Watch if you have nothing better to do.
I've watched One Day with my teenage daughter....classic heartbreak rom com.Great soundtrack as well.I enjoyed it in a nostalgic break your heart kind of way.

GuyBoden

Guru
"without prejudice"

Interestingly.

Post Office Security, it seems, had to pay Fujitsu to access Transaction Audit files. '£1 million for 100 accesses' :eek:

David Smith, former Post Office Head of Change & IS.
"The immediate issue was that security had, I think it was the right to access the audit file 100 times in a financial year. They were currently using all of those opportunities. They were only resourced to deal with 100 accesses of the data. If you extended this to civil cases it needed more resource to process the data. I mean, this could be -- for some unknown reason, £1 million for 100 accesses"

Post Office Scandal

"Without Prejudice"

Having read and watched a huge amount of the Public Enquiry witness statements and interviews.

The general theme for Post Office and Fujitsu witnesses at present:

Post Office seems to have believed the Horizon software had no accounting calculation faults when they made the prosecutions.

Fujitsu seems to have believed the Horizon software had no accounting calculation faults, only known faults, when the prosecutions were made.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find this interesting due to being a software at the time, because my knowledge was that Windows operating systems and Visual Basic programs were seen as not being robust enough for use in business critical systems at the time, 1990's.

Also, I would like to hear a witness statement by an Escher Riposte representative, their software was apparently apart of the Horizon system.

The Public Enquiry continues on 9 April - 31 July 2024.

https://www.postofficehorizoninquiry.org.uk/public-hearings-timeline

Finished Blue Lights series 1 on the iPlayer.
Fantastic series. Surprised it hasn't got more press. Very pleased that series 2 isn't far away.

Top Bottom