What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Bain Family Murders. Channel 4

Although I found the pace a little slow, in hindsight I appreciate the time taken to show in detail this very strange family and how difficult it must have been to try and work out what has happened. If you don't know the case then don't look it up but its the tale of how a family of 5 was murdered in their home with only the eldest son suriving. It happened in New Zealand in 1994 and is a very famous case over there though I'd never heard of it.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I recently happened across an 80s drama called The Franchise Affair... set in post war Britain, a woman and her mother are accused of kidnapping and beating a 15 year old. The final episode of that had all the twists and turns of a truly great drama. Faultless, in my book.
Presumably a dramatisation of the novel by Josephine Tey.

Just finished The Long Shadow on Itvx - good drama and you'd like to think that a Yorkshire Ripper style killer wouldn't last 5 years now - but then you see the mistakes that let the killer of Sarah Everard loose in the police for years...

Adam4868

Guru
Makes a appearance every few years....one of my all time favourites 😍
IMG_20240307_193855423.jpg

Adam4868

Guru
Ive just finished watching 'The Wire' (again) and need to watch this now also.
I've watched The Wire so many times I know it word for word ! Daughter hasn't watched it yet so could be another reason to binge it again.😁

Adam4868

Guru
Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. S2 or S4 is my favourite, 2 might edge it I think.
That could be a whole thread discussion....it's a tough choice.I think season 4 is generally regarded/voted as the best.But for me season 1 takes it.Im not sure I've ever seen such a perfect opening season !
If I think of the Wire I think of this, probably my favourite scene out of the whole series😍

View: https://youtu.be/ztc7o0NzFrE?si=7ULfuIKviN3DMQjQ

Top Bottom