What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Get something of theirs, sell it and give them any extra you get from the sale.
They may think you're being generous, unless they ask why you gave them the money. They also then have some of the money required to buy it back.

Seldom do they "forget" a second time, with anyone.
Similar situation proved that a well known company saying was incorrect. They didn't buy the car.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2015-5-27_9-12-27.png

Paul99

Über Member
@Fnaar It's clear that you are a kind hearted soul and don't want to embarrass your friend.

So kind hearted in fact, that you should invite him out for dinner because you feel a bit bad for even considering the embarrassment you may have caused.

Eat, drink and be merry, but remember 'go to the toilet' before the bill arrives and leave.

I'm sure your friend will be equally too shy to bring it up in future.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Thanks for all your replies :smile:
I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to tackling 'stuff' and in all honesty, I will probably leave it till/if he brings it up. We don't see each other that often, but have been a some good gigs together... I won't be suggesting any more, but if he does... that's my moment.
Either that or the shovel option :smile:

If he is a bit of a tightwad, he will never bring it up.

Drop him a text, it's comfortably impersonal on your part. If he ignores it completely, he isn't going to pay you back. Decide if he is worth spending £30 on, if he is then just right it off. If he isn't then make it a proviso of you ever meeting up again. If the next thing costs money, get him to pay your half (up to £30 I guess).

Never lend a real friend money you can't live with not getting back. Real friendship isn't worth the hardship it can bring.

ayceejay

Guru
All these new suggestions have left me behind - I'm still working on how to get a tightwad to pay for his own funeral

huge.1.5551.JPG

Tin Pot

Guru
Are we on page ten yet? I'll paraphrase 50% of the comments so far:

Have You Asked For The Goddam Money Yet?!

You've got thirty thousand baying cyclists straining at their chains, ready and ravenous for the flesh of this affront to humanity, we need to know.
Page 12 looms...

Tin Pot

Guru
Where is the goddamn money?!

If she start giving me some bullshit about it ain't there, and we got to go someplace else and get it, I'm gonna shoot you in the head then and there. Then I'm gonna shoot that bitch in the kneecaps, find out where my goddamn money is. She gonna tell me too. Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you, **********er. You listen: we go in there, and that nigga Winston or anybody else is in there, you the first **********er to get shot. You understand?

AndyRM

XOXO
I've a different idea, you should ask to borrow minor sums of money from him, 20 or 50p that sort of amount and collect it over the years in a jar.

Hopefully you'll get to your £30 before either of you shuffles off/robots have taken the planet and you can remind him of his transgression.

Or you'll have forgotten why you were collecting silver in a jar, but in a way will still have won.

Top Bottom