What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hi all
I booked tickets for a gig, for myself, Mrs F, a friend and his wife.
Just before the gig, the friend phoned to say he and his wife were delayed, and couldn't make it. It was a good gig, On the phone, he said he'd give me the money anyway, which was fair enough. I've seen him twice since then, and he's made no mention of it, and politeness has stopped me bringing the matter up. It's £30, and yes, i can afford to lose £30, but ... it's annoying me :smile:
What would you do?

midlife

Guru
Ask him for the £30 ......

Shaun

image.jpg

image.jpg

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Why should you lose the £30.00 through no fault of yours.
Ask him for the money and the only excuse you will accept is he isn't breathing anymore. :boxing:

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You still have the tickets? Give them to him at a time when you know he is near his wallet. Say something like "here's your receipt in advance" or, "here, keep these as a souvernir."

These things are difficult and I generally botch them up pretty bad. However, it is for him to feel bad, not you.
This was about a month ago, now... I may have left it too late :smile:

This was about a month ago, now... I may have left it too late :smile:
OK, Plan B. Find a suitable concert somewhere and suggest the four of you go again. As him to get the tickets. I'm sure you can guess the rest.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just to add to the story... he actually offered me £20 of it before the gig, when we met on the train one day, and I said "just pay me on the night". And... he is notoriously tight with his money... :smile:

Top Bottom