What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
This is probably the closest to the real situation... our kids used to be mates at school, now they have gone their separate ways, and that link is gone. It's a shame though, as we kind of see eye to eye, musically, and he's introduced me to some fabulous music (music being a huge part of my life) and I like to think I have returned that.

Mrs Fnaar tells me to "leave it".

Miss Goodbody is otherwise occupied. :okay:
Is Miss Goodbody asking for it? :smile:

He might have genuinely forgot about it. Just pass him the tickets when you next meet him. If he still does not to fork it out, you then have the proper measure of the man. It will no longer eat you and keep you wondering. I am sure you will know from then on how to manage him.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Mention it casually next time you see him.

If he's tight with his money it seems unlikely he has "forgotten" about it.

If it still isn't forthcoming, unfriend him and move on, safe in the knowledge that the moral high ground is yours.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just had a listen to them, nice stuff. And they make their own banjos, how cool is that. Your 'mate' missed out big time, the thwaite.

Yeah, I've become a big fan... great stuff, if you like that kinda stuff... which I think you probably do :-)

buggi

Bird Saviour
There is only one reason to feel bad asking a mate for money they owe you.. And that's if they are struggling to feed themselves. The other day my mate put on fb that she was buying a very shiny nice new car, so I reminded her that the painting she had promised to buy a year ago was still cluttering up my lounge.
If you are looking for an appropriate moment, ask him if you can pop in on (insert date) to get the money as you'll be passing that way. Don't feel bad if he's notoriously tight. He's obviously been getting away with it for far too long.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
jpraf.jpg

:becool:

Attachments

• jpraf.jpg
    jpraf.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom