What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you don't ask you don't get.

Shy kiddies get no sweeties.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
If you don't ask you don't get.

Shy kiddies get no sweeties.

askers don't get, according to my Nan... it's a no win :sad:

as for Fnaar... just mention it in passing... "Ere.. remember that £30 you owe me for that concert you never went to?"

since you mentioned he's notoriously tight with money... he's probably fully aware that he owes you but... he's tight so he's trying to avoid it.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
askers don't get, according to my Nan... it's a no win :sad:

as for Fnaar... just mention it in passing... "Ere.. remember that £30 you owe me for that concert you never went to?"

since you mentioned he's notoriously tight with money... he's probably fully aware that he owes you but... he's tight so he's trying to avoid it.
I think that this is probably the truth. I'd go with @MontyVeda's way of asking @Fnaar He will either cough up or he won't, at least you have asked for the money that he did say that he'd reimburse you.

Mrs M

Guru
I'd just put it down to experience
Been caught out like this myself, doubt you'll see the cash unfortunately. :sad:
It's his embarrassment not yours. :smile:

I'm really bad at this kind of stuff so don't necessarily take my advice! You said he was a friend...I'd always ask myself if a true friend would do you out of money. If I really thought that he was avoiding paying, I'd not be spending much time with him in the future.

TVC

Get your wife to talk to his wife about it.

My ex best mate owes me about £3,000, a third of which goes back to 1981!

He's an alcoholic, so I won't be seeing either the money or him again, although in a drunken email to me a year ago, he said he'd pay me back every penny he owed me. Yeah, right.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You said he was a friend...I'd always ask myself if a true friend would do you out of money. If I really thought that he was avoiding paying, I'd not be spending much time with him in the future.
This is probably the closest to the real situation... our kids used to be mates at school, now they have gone their separate ways, and that link is gone. It's a shame though, as we kind of see eye to eye, musically, and he's introduced me to some fabulous music (music being a huge part of my life) and I like to think I have returned that.

Mrs Fnaar tells me to "leave it".

Miss Goodbody is otherwise occupied. :okay:

uktv-judge-rinder-1.jpg

Attachments

• uktv-judge-rinder-1.jpg
    uktv-judge-rinder-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom