What would you do? (Friend owes me money)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I lent £1k to a friend of 30+ years last autumn, he rang me and waffled forever, I knew he wanted money not a wafflefest, so I offered. He immediately said something like "Oh, I hope you don't think that's what I rang you for", I instantly regretted offering as now he was lying to me. He borrowed it on a Friday promising to pay me back on the Monday. I think I eventually got it back, in dribs and drabs and after threatening him, 3 months later. The final payment coming after I'd blocked in his van on his drive so he couldn't work.

The friend knows damn well he owes you the money, I forget stuff, but never debts, he is a twat who is hoping he has got away with a measly £30 and the reason he won't want to pay is because he didn't get anything tangible for that measly £30. He is taking the piss and you are letting him, get the £30 back and always remember he is niggardly, mean spirited, greedy, tightwad.

classic33

Leg End Member
How about starting a thread on an internet forum that you know he's a member of, let him watch the list of suggestions get more violent and creative, and wait for the money to roll in?
Shame him into paying back the money. Nowt wrong with that.
If it had been paid back, this thread might not have started.

classic33

Leg End Member
Get something of theirs, sell it and give them any extra you get from the sale.
They may think you're being generous, unless they ask why you gave them the money. They also then have some of the money required to buy it back.

Seldom do they "forget" a second time, with anyone.

upload_2015-5-26_15-40-56.jpeg

upload_2015-5-26_15-41-36.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTF6zVXLv8ZsbboCncmE9u00YwwNs-oX0ExqcZfTTpEL4xi8p6XQ.jpg

Attachments

• images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTF6zVXLv8ZsbboCncmE9u00YwwNs-oX0ExqcZfTTpEL4xi8p6XQ.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTF6zVXLv8ZsbboCncmE9u00YwwNs-oX0ExqcZfTTpEL4xi8p6XQ.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom