What would you get rid of to improve cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Torrential rain. Doesn't really do much good. Runs off and floods the nearest road, washes out crops and cycling days. Regular rain is beneficial, but some torrential rain is merely galloping showmanship on the part of Mother Nature.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Got rid of my cycle computer and another way of logging speed and distance a few years ago. No more Strava, Endomndo, mycyclelog.

No more
"I was 3 seconds faster on that section"
"2 more km ah hour average"

Cycling is now cycling for the enjoyment (Shut up legs). Ride until you are ready to finish. Stop for Coffee and cakes when you want. Stop to chat to people. Look around as you cycle.

Additionally to this I stopped joining most group rides "I changed my seat post to a carbon one, and I'm 0.75km a hour faster" My answer was usually "Not ya legs then?"

I started this cleansing a couple of years ago and will never look back.

Amusing though I took my daughter on a charity 35 km cycle. People commented at the end that it was 32, 34, 37, 39km by their apparently accurate cycle comps. I rode away considering what cake I was going to reward my self.

Free your mind! Ignore everything but the sound of rubber on wheels and the clean air feeding my system.

I'll stop my preaching. Try it one day.

Top Bottom