What would you get rid of to improve cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I`ll continue!!

1, Flies
2, Wind
3, Inconsiderate dog walkers (when on the tracks)
4, Any engine powered transport

Potholes.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Nothing. Honestly. At the risk of sounding like a goody-goody spoilsport, taking away the less enjoyable aspects of cycling (punctures would feature high on any list I'd make) would sanitise the experience too much. I may not have enjoyed the night I spent freezing in a phonebox on the Scottish end of an end-to-end because I couldn't repair my bike, but it makes me smile almost 20 years later while hundreds of incident-free rides are lost to all memory.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What would I get rid of to improve my cycling?

5, 15kg of fat :biggrin:
Lightweight!

I'm with @anothersam. Prep well and almost any mechanical is avoidable. Traffic is a non-issue as long as you avoid the tiny proportion of roads you don't want to ride on because they're unpleasant. I almost sympathise with @buggi - poor tarmac is depressing, but not as depressing as sitting in traffic jams in a car.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Lightweight!

I'm with @anothersam. Prep well and almost any mechanical is avoidable. Traffic is a non-issue as long as you avoid the tiny proportion of roads you don't want to ride on because they're unpleasant. I almost sympathise with @buggi - poor tarmac is depressing, but not as depressing as sitting in traffic jams in a car.
That is true!!

Top Bottom