What would you get rid of to improve cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Hills. No really. I know a lot of people love them and think they're what cycling's all about, but I hate them.
Agree on the hills, but the downhills for me, I love climbing, but descending is hell for me, just don`t like it..............

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't understand hill-phobia and love going up the thousand-foot climbs round here and doing the corresponding descents, but I admit that it would be nice for there to be a choice of more flat roads for variety. Hillfest or busy valley A-roads isn't really enough choice.

I would also vote for banishing cycling-induced backache, which I seem to get every time I ride for more than 30 minutes these days!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Most cars,wagons,motorbikes,vans.

Pedestrians who wear dark clothing then walk in the road not across it.

Dog walkers who let their dogs run in the way of cyclists then say "come here what have i told you" like it's the dog's fault.

The accepted opinion that all cyclists ride two abreast and we don't pay road tax.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
The wife

screenman

Legendary Member
Got to have the bad things to make the good feel even better.

Seems a few posters have something they do not like, but not enough to do something about it, so it cannot be all that bad.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm with TMN and I'd get rid of all hills above a minor gradient, but I'd also get rid of mobile phones in cars (yes I know they have their uses but not whilst the other hand is attached to the steering wheel). And imagine being able to not hurt yourself as you fell off. And whilst I'm off in the flights of fancy I'd also have a bike that cleaned and fixed itself:biggrin:

Top Bottom