When Will or Did you Retire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nearly 6 years ago I started this topic indicating that "My current intention is to retire from full time employment in 5 years time at the age of 60".

Just this moment (at the age of 60) I have finished my last day of work after working for 39 years at the same company.

I AM NOW RETIRED :dance:

Nice one - hope you have a long, happy and healthy go at it! :smile:

midlife

Guru
Congratulations :smile:

I see I was post number 3 in 2015 :smile:. I now have no idea when I will pay off my mortgage and no idea when I will retire lol

D

Deleted member 1258

Nearly 6 years ago I started this topic indicating that "My current intention is to retire from full time employment in 5 years time at the age of 60".

Just this moment (at the age of 60) I have finished my last day of work after working for 39 years at the same company.

I AM NOW RETIRED :dance:

:welcome: Welcome to the club, I retired at the end of 2015.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You're not really oldhippy then. ^_^
True, but is has more of a ring to it than 'slowlymaturinghippy'! :laugh:

Today, I retired as a CC Moderator.

After 4, mainly happy, years I have called it a day due to other (fun) stuff going on in my life leaving me less time to be on here.
Thanks for the mod work done in those 4 years!

lane

Veteran
I retired in March just before I turned 59 in July. The main reason was the job was grinding me down, long hours and inability to take holidays, silly deadlines, evening and weekend working expected etc. and a dysfunctional organisation to boot. Since I retired I have picked up two part time jobs that take up 2 days a week - although I work from home and can work hours / days that suit me. The jobs are much less stressful than my previous job (less money as well though) and obviously working only two days a week and flexibility to work when I want means I have plenty of time to do what I want. My earnings plus pension are adequate for my needs. It is probably the best thing I have ever done, my quality of life is enormously better than it has been for along time. I seriously suspect the decision has extended my lifespan as well.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Having done some serious saving over the past few years, plus some number crunching regarding the reduced payout & lump sum from taking my work's pension early, it is highly likely that I'll be able to go at the end of March next year at just over 57 years old.

Gunk

Guru
I semi retired a couple of years ago when I sold my business, but it was too early and I was too fidgety, so I’m now working full time again which I really enjoy. I’ll probably drop down to three days a week in three years time when I’m 60 and then see how I feel.

Top Bottom