When you where in school..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I wanted to be a dole-ite. I even failed at that and now work in the medical trade developing products and promoting them to cardiac surgeons. Which is nice.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was one of thos kids who wanted to be an engine driver. 35 years on i still love it.;)

Willow

Over The Hill said:
Am I alone??

I have never ever been able to think of anything I wanted to do so much that I would spend five days a week doing it.

Work is just a way of getting money for me. I do not resent the time spent as I am realistic in knowing the world does not owe me a living but really if I had the money I could find lots of better things to do with my time.

I am envious of anyone who really enjoys their job.

That's me too don't detest the job work too hard paid too little but it's what people do. Have no talent for anything really so couldn't do much else. given a choice would like to retire early on decent salary so I can enjoy tennis, cycling, watching football, maybe take up golf. You know I should have been PE teacher or something but I opted out of school at 16. Have done well in the career sense but lack of exams didn't give me many options.

Abitrary

yenrod said:
What did you wanna be ;)

I wanted to be nothing else apart from a musician, and as I got older a fully fledged rock star.

yenrod said:
Compared to what you do now :biggrin:

I'm a computer programmer, but when I was a child I was also into programming computers, and I just kind of picked up where I left off. A bit of a cop-out really.

col

Legendary Member
I wanted to be a carpenter or joiner,work with wood,but when i left school the apprenticeships had been stopped so i ended up in a steel works from school.

Abitrary

col said:
I wanted to be a carpenter or joiner,work with wood,but when i left school the apprenticeships had been stopped so i ended up in a steel works from school.

Eh? I thought you were a bus driver? Your bus driver question time was the best fun I've ever had on the internet.

I wanted to be an artist since the age of four when I won my first competition, going to art college for four years knocked that out of me. Got a job in a bike shop when I left college. It was supposed to be a short term thing but I stayed in the trade for over twenty years. Retrained as a plumber, hated it and now have my dream job promoting cycling.

I got so fed up with people asking me what I wanted to be when I was a kid that I started telling them, dead pan, that my life's ambition was to become a druid.

I still want to be an artist deep down.

col

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Eh? I thought you were a bus driver? Your bus driver question time was the best fun I've ever had on the internet.

Iv had a number of jobs over the years,bus driving took up five of them.

Wolf04

Always wanted to be centre forward for Newcastle United, at 52 with a beer belly guess it might have passed me by. Liked chemistry so became a lab.tech. 35 years later still enjoy it. Although the way the Toon are playing at the moment ......

Top Bottom