Where/how can I carry extra water ON my bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just to illustrate some of the suggestions above. This is my bike on Saturday:
upload_2016-9-25_8-56-4-png.145363.png

Note:
Oversize water bottle. Not sure how big it is, I got it from Decathlon.
Saddle pack. This is an Alpkit saddle pack. It has my tools (incl CO2 inflators, and lots of other bits of kit), tubes, pump, some other bits and pieces and also my Goretex jacket in it. This one is expandable so without the jacket in it it squeezes down much smaller.
The saddle pack does partially obscure the light on the seatpost, but I also have Fibre Flares on the seat stays.
Spare room on the seat tube. I could put a bottle cage there. I have a Bikebuddy that fits on there so I can carry a thermos of coffee in winter.

You can ignore the handlebar bag. It's a cheap Decathlon job and quite the best, handiest bit of bike luggage ever. But not the subject of this thread.

Last edited:

iggibizzle

As others have said. Saddle bag and put another bottle on. I always have 2 bottles on a long ride because I end up in some pretty remote places on my own. I fill up at shops or cafes when I see them.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Just to illustrate some of the suggestions above. This is my bike on Saturday:
upload_2016-9-25_8-56-4-png.145363.png
I see you'd stopped for a refill.

snorri

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4484013, member: 9609"]I have a little velcro strap that allows me to carry a 1 litre bottle in the holder (this is an old vitafit orange bottle from lidls). there is no-way I would pay £3 or £4 for an empty sports bottle.[/QUOTE]
Oh dear:sad:
Remind me to send you some guidelines regarding 'class', 'style' and what is 'cool' and 'not cool' in the world of cycling:rolleyes:.

I'm joking:smile:.

si_c

Guru
[QUOTE 4484461, member: 9609"]It sort of matches the mini-pump wrapped in clingfilm and gaffer taped to the frame - LOL[/QUOTE]
I had mine ziptied to the frame until thursday. Now I have the mount ziptied to the frame, surprisingly effective.

[QUOTE 4484461, member: 9609"]It sort of matches the mini-pump wrapped in clingfilm and gaffer taped to the frame - LOL[/QUOTE]
How exactly do you put that back once you've used it on the road?

Top Bottom