who do you feel most sorry for...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
Sure. I guess often the best way to treat animals is to leave them alone but many pets and livestock animals depend on us as they are not 'natural' animals and would not fair well in the wild.

I think that most animals do better with company of their own kind. I find it very sad that people often keep single animals that like to live in groups. I don't think people should be allowed to keep an animal unless they can show it will be well cared for.

This is true,its gone passed the point of no return now i think,years of breeding and selection mean all pet animals are forever that now.
I think the worse type of scenario are the ones who leave lets say a dog on its own all day while they are at work.The dog cant be enjoying itself much there can it?Unless we could provide the room and time with the freedom for the animal,we wont be getting a another dog,like you say they need others to really enjoy their lives,and a solitary life isnt good for anyone .

dudi

i kept looking at the dog in the background.

what twat would get into a cage with a lion anyway?

colly

Re member eR
MY vote is for the poor bloody lion. As for the f***wit who got chewed up.........well tough luck.
I am sure that lion's life has been a misery for years. Karma.

colly said:
MY vote is for the poor bloody lion. As for the f***wit who got chewed up.........well tough luck.
I am sure that lion's life has been a misery for years. Karma.

Where was the chameleon, I only saw the dog and the lion?

colly

Re member eR
[quote

I would never keep an animal like that. Our rabbits live outside in a 20x10-foot run which has a wooden hutch, two wooden shelters and a grass hill covering two thirds of the run for them to burrow in. It's interesting that given the choice the choose to live in burrows. This arrangement is not as good for us, as rabbits aren't naturally keen on being handled, get dirty and are hard to catch, but it's a decent life for the rabbits. We get to see how rabbits behave when they get to do what they want and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing they're not miserable. [/quote]

Some years ago we had two rabbits foisted on us, a great big black bugger and a tiny little grey one. We tried to keep them in a hutch with a run but they never failed to escape. Eventually (after about 2 weeks) I gave up trying to catch them and get them back in so I left them to it.
They lived the life of Riley for about 3 years eating everything in the garden up to about 2 ft off the ground.
They never used the shelter that was provided for them and had free run of the place. Never ran off either.
I was surprised at how sociable they were. If the family was sitting outside on a sunny day having tea or whatever they would always come up and sit with us. They LOVED Rich Tea biscuits. They also liked sitting with the dog if she was outside.
Eventually the local fox must have discovered them because first the black one went then two nights later the grey one went.
That's fair enough I guess, even the fox has to feed itself.
While they were alive they had a great life.

Top Bottom